W639 Viano 2011 125th Canbus on Stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyscrofer110270

Car
Viano 125th SL55 5.5Supercharged AMG
W639 Viano 125th edition 2011 canbus issues on aftermarket stereo.

Hi guys
I've recently fitted an aftermarket stereo and no problem other than the canbus for the stereo shuts down.
If I disconnect the electric circuit that converts the canbus signal then it immediately comes back to life a d works fine for a couple of journeys but if I turn the stereo off on the next start up the canbus has turned off.
This is driving me crazy as you have to remove the stereo to access the circuit...
Other than fitting a reset switch in any advise please?
I dont want to spend a fortune with the dealershi over this.

Thanks

Pulling the appropriate fuse/s should reset easier than your method.
Fuses listed for radio / entertainment are;
19- 20 amp,
and under the passenger seat, right side of 2 banks
13- 20 amp.

As this is aftermarket, and it seems to be that unit that confuses the canbus, I can't see MB could help.

Attachments

• 639 Fuse Board.jpg
    639 Fuse Board.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Thanks for that.
Trouble is I don't want to be pulling fuses everything I want to turn the radio on.

The company y who produces the canbus converter have said send it back and they will check and replace it free.

My plan since mercedes are stupid enough not to fit this particular model without a switched ignition wire....
Is to tap a wire from the cigarette lighter supply wire through a 1 amp fuse up to the stereo that way the only things the canbus circuit provides is illumination and steering wheel volume controls..

I could even run the canbus circuit supply of the same switched wire so it resets every time regardless that way it will work no matter what.

Also tip for anyone doing such a conversion to any merc I strongly recommend a noise eliminator £13 amazon....
The canbus box specifically built for Merc are available from Sound Dynamics £50 made by a company called Incartech.

Hope this helps anyone pla in on doing such an upgrade.

The later Chinese systems I've installed no longer need the switched feed. It was required for earlier and picking up the ciggy supply is the way.

But you asked for a way to reset. Your switch would work but easier than HU removal is to pull the fuse.

It may be that any canbus controller might have conflict/s, especially when warmed.
On the 211, after 2 or 3 hours drive it has been known to totally screw with the canbus system. I pull the fuse and it's sorted.
We have just done 650 miles over a few days and no issues with it, even after 6 1/2 hours down to Exmouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom