• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wheel bearings

Funkyboy

Car
E class
Hi All,

I'm chasing down a vibration that is felt through the pedal and floor of the car (14 plate E250) when braking from speed. There is nothing through the steering wheel. I'm getting the wheels balanced in the week but thought I would check the wheel bearings. Rears are rock solid the front two have a very slight play in the
12 O'clock and 6 o'clock position nothing in the 3+9. Would this cause any issues?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm chasing down a vibration that is felt through the pedal and floor of the car (14 plate E250) when braking from speed. There is nothing through the steering wheel. I'm getting the wheels balanced in the week but thought I would check the wheel bearings. Rears are rock solid the front two have a very slight play in the
12 O'clock and 6 o'clock position nothing in the 3+9. Would this cause any issues?

Thanks
A slack bearing would give play in all positions, more likely a ball joint.

Discs would be my 1st port of call, inside face often considerably worse than outside.

the front two have a very slight play in the

A slack bearing would give play in all positions, more likely a ball joint.
Agreed - unless the caliper/pads are inhibiting movement in the 3-9 O'clock plane.
Time to see if the motion is relative to the upright (bearing) or not (ball joints/w'bone bushes).

This is a common symptom when there is wear and play in the suspension control arm bushes.

Agreed - unless the caliper/pads are inhibiting movement in the 3-9 O'clock plane.
Time to see if the motion is relative to the upright (bearing) or not (ball joints/w'bone bushes).
The strange thing is I'm getting nothing through the steering wheel all the vibration is through the floor of car?

The strange thing is I'm getting nothing through the steering wheel all the vibration is through the floor of car?
Suggests control arm bushes as per post # 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom