• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Wheel spacers

jharar

Car
C300d Estate W205
I am looking to get some wheel spacers for my S205 C300d.
It's an AMg Line Night Edition , Premium Plus Model

Wheels are Black multi spoke. What is the best size spacers to get for front and rear, I want the wider flush look to the arches.
Any place you guys recommend also if anyone got it on there car would you mid sharing some pics..

Thanks

If you place a spirit level against the outside of your wheel arch and down to the ground and measure the distance between the tyre and the level you will see how far you can push the wheel out. It should be within the wheel arch and not protruding.
I wouldn't want to add any more than a 20mm wheel spacer and don't forget to buy longer bolts than the length you have now.
Buy hub centric spacers only, Mercedes fitment. H&R are a recommended brand among others.

I have Eibach 20 mm rear and 10 mm front, with correct length bolts. Not fitted yet, still in the box, if you have a staggered set up bare that in mind when buying spacers to keep the stagger.

I have had 15mm H&R bolt-through 'hub centric' wheel spacers with 15mm longer H&R bolts on My G wagen for past 6 years, not a problem with Insurance Co.. all declared, no premium increase.

I was going to do this on my SLC but have decided to leave it stock, for now

Definitely buy hub centric and one of the better makes like Eibach H&R etc

I have 12mm front and 15mm rear on the AMG Line 20" alloys. They are almost flush but don't stand out to attract attention of the Polizei here in Germany. Legally on mine (on noting the 205 and 213 share many, many panels) the biggest you can go is 20mm rear and 18mm front without folding the arches etc etc

Unfortunately it seems that Mercedes are now being owned by people who previously had Vauxhalls and visted Halfords a lot. The other day dark tinted windows and now wheel spacers.
There is no dignity any more

I have Eibach 20 mm rear and 10 mm front, with correct length bolts. Not fitted yet, still in the box, if you have a staggered set up bare that in mind when buying spacers to keep the stagger.
You wont have if you fit those spacers though!....that stagger will be 20mm narrower at the front compared to the rear as you are increasing the rear by 40mm and the front by only 20mm. I have 15mm spacer all round on my car........I like to keep the front to rear track with factory proportions if not width.....even though it would actually look better with 20mm on the front as from the factory the fronts are slightly further under the arches than the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom