• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Yet more Emperors New Clothes

Gollom

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Dutch museum finds beer can artwork in bin

A Dutch museum had to pick artwork out of the bin after a member of staff thought that the display, which consisted of two empty beer cans, was leftover rubbish. 'All The Good Times We Spent Together' by French artist Alexandre Lavet shows two dented beer cans on the floor. They were exhibited inside the museum’s lift as if left behind by construction workers.

However, a closer look "reveals that these dented cans were meticulously hand-painted with acrylics", the LAM museum in Lisse said. But a lift technician thought the art was simply the leftovers of lazy visitors and threw them in the bin.

I know I'm a pleb with no appreciation for "Art" and the finer things in life, but rather than fastidiously painting the things in acrylic, wouldn't it have been cheaper, easier and less labour-intensive just to buy a couple of tins of Jupiler, crush them and chuck them in a heap?.

I know I'm a pleb with no appreciation for "Art" and the finer things in life, but rather than fastidiously painting the things in acrylic, wouldn't it have been cheaper, easier and less labour-intensive just to buy a couple of tins of Jupiler, crush them and chuck them in a heap?.
I would have volunteered to empty the cans.

I spent quite a time working in Belgium and this Jupiler was my 'go to' quaffing lager most of the time . All that " Belgium has a thousand different beers " thing might be true and I did partake of many of them but if you are just sitting at a bar and you got work the next day a skin full of Delirium Tremens or any of the Tripels is not reccommended.

I spent quite a time working in Belgium and this Jupiler was my 'go to' quaffing lager most of the time . All that " Belgium has a thousand different beers " thing might be true and I did partake of many of them but if you are just sitting at a bar and you got work the next day a skin full of Delirium Tremens or any of the Tripels is not reccommended.
Jupiler is certainly one of the more 'sensible' Belgian offerings. My current fave is not one you'd have 4 pints of before bed on a school night.
Gulden-Draak-Classic-33-cl-Bierflasche-kaufen-946309476.jpg

But surely there would then have been no artistic input into the sculpture would there?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom