2006 SL350 (R230) AUX input

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobertNewton

Car
CLK240 2002
Is there an AUX input on this car?

I hear of glovebox but I cant find one.

I hear that its on the TV module but that option is not available on my car.

Is there a AUX input anywhere else please ?

I think the aux socket was deleted in post 2004 R230 SL's
Speak to Commandonline.co.uk for your best option to retrofit
kc

Mine is in the glove box on the right hand side, however mine is a 2003 model .....

I certainly didn't have the aux socket in the glove box on my 2006 R230 SL500.

I certainly didn't have the aux socket in the glove box on my 2006 R230 SL500.
Mine is a pre-facelift model, no socket in the glovebox but, more relevantly, no auxiliary selection on the radio controls. So I can't plug in my DAB adapter. Only option is to change the radio itself - way outside my budget.
Thanks for the replies.

Another option is to plug a bluetooth transmitter into the cigarette lighter socket and tune the radio into the frequency of the device - you can stream your tunes from your bluetooth device ( Digital player / mobile phone ) and they cost less than £20.

Ok - R230SL ...
The first generation (start up until end of Model Year (MY) 2004) had Comand 2.0DX had has an AUX socket, or on the SL350 the default was the Audio-30 which did not have AUX input.
The second generation (MY2005 -> 2008) has Comand NTG1 (Siemens version) which has no AUX capability
The third generation (MY2009 -> end) has COMAND NTG2.5 and has an AUX socket

OP, yours is 2nd gen :-( The only answer is an expensive Dension adapter that replaces the CDC changer and provides AUX, Bluetooth Audio etc depending on the version. Or a FM transmitter that you can tune into on the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom