Air bag warning light 2003 ML270

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray1971

Car
ML270
My drivers door electric window is no longer working so Im going to remove the door trim and have a look at the mechanism to establish the fault.
If I disconnect the air bag connector, which I have to do to remove the door panel am I correct in thinking that if I turn on the ignition with the airbag disconnected this will cause the airbag warning light to come on?If this is the case is there any way of testing the window mechanism without setting off the airbag warning light, as this will then cost me £sss to reset?
Thanks for any replies or advice given.

I have replaced the window mechanism on my ml and never needed to disconnect the airbag.
When you try the window can you still hear the motor?

I have replaced the window mechanism on my ml and never needed to disconnect the airbag.
Can you still hear the motor working?

Yes I can still hear the motor working when I press the window button.I thought that when u takw off the door panel u have to disconnect a wiring loom that includes the air bag supply.

It's your mechanism which has gone. Very common. You can attach your motor to the new mechanism.
Easy job to do you just need to drill out the old rivets and rivet the new mechanism in.
When I did mine I didn't disconnect anything to do with the airbag. When you get the door panel off all will be clearer. :)

I have seen videos on this and read other forums that state when you remove the door trim you have to disconnect an electrical lead that's attached to the door panel.Do you know what this connector is for then if its not the airbag?

The only wire I removed was for the light at the bottom of door trim. I think the airbag thing is a precaution incase the airbag deploys whilst drilling rivets out.

You can remove the door panel and not disturb the Airbag.
The airbag is fixed to the door, the loom stays on the door.
As above you will only have to disconnect the light on the door card if it has one and the cable that goes to the interior handle to open the door this can be done once you lift off door card

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom