Ambient Lighting ** WITH PICTURES***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't know if it's still useful, but ambient lighting strip has only 3 led's. Whole idea is to carry the light through optic tube and reflect it along by chrome strip. You need to remove wooden trim and carefully remove plastic tube. Clean it and chromed areas on the inside of chrome strip running along light area.

I have an S350 CDI and was looking to get a kit for it. I've seen some EL light kit on youtube. They look tacky when you see them directly. but on the S class they're hidden so you only see the glow on them. I just what to know if it will be easy to fit them to look like original and if there's one that allow you to change colours.

here's a video I saw on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Hj9Z32j-8

In my very limited experience of LED's,,,, the small things that I've made (including a flashing/dancing brake light strip) needed a resistor for every three LED's.

Of course his strips were working properly when the car was built, so apart from actual damage/breakage I don't think we can blame loads, wiring, design fault etc.

I haven't seen the picture/s, but it seems that the voltage is lost along the strip. I was going to blame failing LED's, but they very rarely fail like that,,,, nor, even more rarely, in a line.

They have to come out to see the connections, which way the load is etc.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom