An 'Oldie' but a 'Newbie'!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harryflatters

Car
SLK300 AMG Sport 9 G-Tronic R 172
As a lifelong 'petrol head', now, sadly, running on fumes, I thought I should introduce myself, having just registered on MBCLUB. For the last nine years or so, I was running an Abarth 500 and then an Abarth 595 'Turismo' semi-auto with 'flappy paddles'. Mighty little cars and an absolute 'hoot' to drive - made me smile every time! However, our old bones eventually cried 'enough' at the almost complete lack of suspension. Strongly prompted by swmbo, I decided a change was in order. Not so much a 'mid life crisis' more an 'end of life crisis', it came down to a Z4 or an SLK. June this year, ended up buying a March 2016 SLK300 AMG Sport '9 G-Tronic' in Polar white with maroon leather. One owner with under 24k miles and full MBSH she's almost indistinguishable from a new car! Had her detailed and ceramic coated and we are mighty pleased with her. So smooth and comfortable - mind you, anything would be after an Abarth!! Suspect the Z4 might be a better our and out 'drivers' car but the 'soft' nature of our lovely SLK suits us down to the ground and, from reviews etc. it's cabin is bigger and better. Look forward to reading all your posts and learning as much as I can about SLK's.

Hello and welcome

Welcome to the forum, I did consider and did look at some SLK models and was impressed, We had an Mazda MX5 roadster for years, and like yourself it was missing that comfort factor when you hit something bigger than a stone chip in the road! The SLK was bigger than the MX-5, but i decided that whilst i have the green light to 'upgrade' the summer fun car i would go all out ..... Enter the SL 500, I do like the SLK though:cool:

Welcome to the club.
the nine speed box is a beauty, and the silk handling is surprisingly good.
Enjoy!!

Welcome, loved my SLK , especially the V8 , was over 70 when i bought it . Thought I was getting too old and couldn’t handle the power so sold it. Then discovered I actually had heart block 😟 One pacemaker later feeling great but unfortunately had spent the cash on our recently acquired house . Would have another if I had some spare cash 😂

Hi welcome

I to looked at the SLK but as my 76 year old dad would drive it more than me he didn't fit so went with the SL500
Also had an arbarth they are good fun for the money
Hello and welcome 😀

Welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom