Any of these E63 M157 belong to members here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They look epic & I think they're standard in the 63s & as that's the model I intend to purchase - happy days..!!
These were the ones in my old E63s. They look uncomfortable/harsh but they're actually one of the comfiest seats I've had the pleasure to use. I bought the car in Colchester and drove it straight back home (200+ miles) in one hit. That was without the fine adjustments which I gave them later on. A marvellous design as far as I'm concerned, only surpassed by the ones I now have in the current car.

E63s Seats.jpg

These were the ones in my old E63s. They look uncomfortable/harsh but they're actually one of the comfiest seats I've had the pleasure to use. I bought the car in Colchester and drove it straight back home (200+ miles) in one hit. That was without the fine adjustments which I gave them later on. A marvellous design as far as I'm concerned, only surpassed by the ones I now have in the current car.

View attachment 139797
I found these of a similar design in my A45 Facelift one of the most uncomfortable seats I've used and has put me off the design.

Those are the seats, so it comes standard in s model then 👍
They are the Performance seats and I believe they are an option. Comfort seats are also available and can be recognised as not having that aluminium bit below the headrest. I've heard one or two say the Performance seats are very uncomfortable, but Dave seemed to like them.

They are the Performance seats and I believe they are an option. Comfort seats are also available and can be recognised as not having that aluminium bit below the headrest. I've heard one or two say the Performance seats are very uncomfortable, but Dave seemed to like them.
That explains it. Seen e63s without the Performance seats and thought it was an option. The back rest is really slim, wonder if it has built in dymanic and massage seat options. Should really try a get hold of a digital brochure. 🙂

I’m one of those people, I prefer comfort seats. I suspect t that generally people with a larger frame prefer the comfort seat, and vice versa.

Just on the topic of fuel, this is some feedback from a tuner:

"Vpower has a much longer burn so more energy from the cycle, Momentum is a very fast burn, more of a pop"

Not sure which is better yet that's thier feedback on fuel.

Just on the topic of fuel, this is some feedback from a tuner:

"Vpower has a much longer burn so more energy from the cycle, Momentum is a very fast burn, more of a pop"

Not sure which is better yet that's thier feedback on fuel.
Ye I find I get slightly better mpg from vpower so this does back that up, both are good fuels I wouldn’t use any less

As mentioned already there are also options with regard to what level of stage 1 map you’d like. Most good Tuners will know that the default map to offer on the M157 is between 650-680bhp. This is mainly driven by the fact that in the early days of remapping the M157, it was incredibly easy to go for over 750bhp and 900lb/ft. However, a couple of years afterwards there were stories appearing about engine failures etc, which could have been caused by the remap (e.g. too much boost low in the Rev range = high temps). On this basis the map was toned down. This doesn’t mean to say an M157 can’t be remapped to 700 plus safely, as it can, but it needs a lot more work to check that knock, fuel pressure, timing, fueling and temps are all optimal in order to create a safe map.

For the record MSL / BFT etc were the first to change their maps as a precaution, however due to the quality of their map writing I don’t think they had issues with the earlier maps, it was mainly Tuners who “sold” pre written bought in maps.

With the above and then all the other variables mentioned, e.g. plugs, filters, fuel, oil and not forgetting HP fuel pump etc, then it’s easy to see why the results aren’t the same every time. If I’m honest then I am always sceptical when a tuner posts numbers on a certain turbo engine and they are almost identical every time. On NA engines yes this is possible.

Going to SRR is a good idea. But make sure you go back post remap. The dyno dynamics dynamometer that Charlie uses is different to the one at MSL, so it’s likely the readings will be different. A Dyno is only a guide.

Hope this helps
So the car has been given the 👍 from Charlie. Running as it should which was the whole point of going..... Wasn't expecting this result though. Appreciate all rollers are can give different results and some can be over inflated yet happy with the way the car pulls and drives which is the important bit. Just need to get rid of the PZero and get some PS4S or Asymmetric 5's on instead

Attachments

• PXL_20230422_095454735.jpg
    PXL_20230422_095454735.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 19
if you have distronic plus you get the standard seats, something to do with the extra airbags needed to meet UK safety with autonomous driving.

I have the performance seats and they are pretty comfy.

Trying get hold of a pdf digital brochure if anyone has one to share would be nice read. 🙂

So the car has been given the 👍 from Charlie. Running as it should which was the whole point of going..... Wasn't expecting this result though. Appreciate all rollers are can give different results and some can be over inflated yet happy with the way the car pulls and drives which is the important bit. Just need to get rid of the PZero and get some PS4S or Asymmetric 5's on instead
Look likes it's already mapped? 🙂

Could be, but if its an S model that could be stock. The M157 does appear to be very conservatively advertised at 550/585 and it seems many read over that before a remap.
I assume that figure of 606 is at the wheels? Otherwise once transmission losses are taken into account, its nearer 715bhp!

There is a lot more to be had if that has been remapped. 606 is pretty low for a remapped M157.

That was my initial thought yet Charlie said he's seen a few, they don't tend to make Mercedes claimed numbers and it's a stock map. Could be a generous dyno reading, early more cool temps, recent service and plugs along with a fresh tank of Vpower?

Could be, but if its an S model that could be stock. The M157 does appear to be very conservatively advertised at 550/585 and it seems many read over that before a remap.
I assume that figure of 606 is at the wheels? Otherwise once transmission losses are taken into account, its nearer 715bhp!

There is a lot more to be had if that has been remapped. 606 is pretty low for a remapped M157.
Yes, 606 at the wheels and I think he said 539lb ft

^^^ sounds more like 715bhp as AMGeed stated above. Think you've saved some 💰 on mapping though 😃

You got a torque monster there 👍

Definitely mapped then. Congrats, that equates to 715bhp and 636ft lbs.
Did you buy aware it had been remapped?
Could be insurance implications too.
Sorry I read that wrong, Graph is above. Taken it as 606 non mapped so flywheel?

Printout is likely to be read out from the road wheels. Could always call on them to confirm though 👍

SRR can quote / print at the wheel or fly.

Do you have a graph showing up and torque curves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom