Apple. The most frustrating IT company in the world?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Rumours on the t'internet is that you'll only be able to charge at full speed using a genuine apple usb c cable.

The cheap ones will flow at 25% rate

This would ensure no apple device is ever damaged due to a power surge, that the socket isn't damaged by an eBay cable (or one from Samsung, Sony, Oppo or a major vendor) and is a good thing. They are looking out for their customers.

Whether that a hardware or retrospective iOS update is not yet guessed about.

With my (female) family cables being lost, broken, borrowed or just failing (even the genuine apple ones we do have alongside the non genuine ones) we could be in or some serious spend on cables as I doubt they will 'compete' on price....

If this is indeed the case :(

Rumours on the t'internet is that you'll only be able to charge at full speed using a genuine apple usb c cable.

The cheap ones will flow at 25% rate

This would ensure no apple device is ever damaged due to a power surge, that the socket isn't damaged by an eBay cable (or one from Samsung, Sony, Oppo or a major vendor) and is a good thing. They are looking out for their customers.

Whether that a hardware or retrospective iOS update is not yet guessed about.

With my (female) family cables being lost, broken, borrowed or just failing (even the genuine apple ones we do have alongside the non genuine ones) we could be in or some serious spend on cables as I doubt they will 'compete' on price....

If this is indeed the case :(

I'm told its got NOTHING to do with power surges.

They've hobbled them by joining two of the spare connectors in the cable. Same for the charger. If the phone detects that the cable and/or charger are normal ones, it drops to 25% charge capacity. This endures zero interoperability with any other USB C cable or charger.

Morally bankrupt barefaced highway robbery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom