Brabus D6 III Tuning box. Anyone fitted one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The mid range is laughably epic isnt it?

Well done for being a bit innovative, sometimes you just have to!
Enjoy all that extra power (and more importantly, torque)

Brabus did reply and said the guide peg in the plug can be removed, but I couldn't get that to work but did a similar thing, just a bit less tidily.

Great to get their blessing though!

Indeed. Actual reply (from a Markus) was:

Sometimes the plug codings from the factory are different which then causes they do not fit the Brabus wiring looms.
Did you try to remove the coding insert and connect the plug without?
It only is latched to the plug and should be removable very easily.

It would be interesting to hear how the mpg figures are affected.

I imagine the first few tanks might be altered due to the "trying it out" effect, but how will it settle down?

I intend to watch it on my next full fill, snow dependent.

My normal driving style got me 38mpg, but last couple of days got 40.2 or so, and that's including "trying it out" squirts of power etc.

It also seems a bit smoother when running, but that may just be me :)

Sounds very promising! Win win!

Bit of a crap start. Went out last night and fueled up, then went to Toys R Us for any last minute bargains. Max 30mph all the way and I think DPF regen cut in.

Today's weather meant much bimbling too, but we got let home early, so I let the car get warm on the M40 and then reset the current trip counter mid trip (20 miles in with 35 to go) to see "active mpg".

I got 45.6 on the M40 at 70 or so, then down to 44.6 on the M42 variable limit stretch. After a stint on the M6 and yokal roads it was showing 43, but that's not bad. The start of the journey buggered it (hence the reset) but it's clearly happy, even at -3.5C!

I will also add that chucking said box on in this weather does mean a more ginger right foot. Entrance to my road is off a dual carriageway and up a slight incline. There was much wheel spinnage and 5mph progress coming up tonight...

Righto, some updates.
Typically I would get 580 or so from a tank (80L).
The first tank since fitting only got me 510, but I may have been buggering about.
Tank 2 has just ended, and has involved my normal drive (2 x 50 miles a day, across town and then variable motorway limits and then a good normal motorway stretch before 10 mins of town driving)...and I have had some spirited moments, including 2 days of full sports mode.

Admittedly I did let the reserve go on, and using alternate sensor checks, got the tank down to (what it read was) 2L.
This got me 625 miles at an average consumption of 38.6 (was as high as 42+)
Reserve light kicked in at 580 though, which is still later than normal.

As you can see below, I grabbed for evidence. I also filled it "at the last minute" (actually read 0L for a minute, before returning to 1L) - which clearly reads low, as you can see I topped off 77L into the car for the next test. This tank is "BP Diesel Ultimate", and we'll see what that does! (yes, I got robbed on the price, but with bugger all in the tank, had not much choice) :)

IMG_20180321_190314.jpg
IMG_20180321_190722.jpg

If the 3rd tank returns the same, it's definitely improved consumption (I'm inclined to ignore the 1st tank as I was testing it out). Given I'm using the extra grunt but not otherwise driving it harder than I would normally, I would say I'm getting more power and less consumption, so far....

Watch this space...

Great results! Have you thought of using Fuelio to keep track of your mpg over a longer period? I'd recommend it.

MercedesMe is doing the tracking for me :)
Got to 44.5 mpg today - but still watching the overall tank.

I’ve got a complete kit in the garage if anyone’s interested
I removed it from my s320 before I part exchanged it

Hi there, I do not seem to have enough posts to publish an advert.
I have the Brabus Eco Power Extra D6(iii) Performance Kit available for sale if anyone is interested.
Part Number 204-736-10
If interested please email me at [email protected]
Thanks.

That's for a C350, if anyone wonders :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom