camskill tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
ordered a set of uniroyals RS3 245/35/19 for the fronts. will be visiting WIM to fit and do alignment - last alignment done in march 17 - around 12k miles ago when fitting UR3's to the rear.

cost of tyres just £222 inc.

Oponeo and Tyreleader are both usually cheaper

Cheapest may not be better, I ordered from Tyreleader last week, they sent the wrong size tyres from Germany. you cannot speak to them, there are no contact details other than a ticket system where you send them an email and await their reply days later.
They then say they need to contact the courier and almost a week later I get an email saying they will refund me when they get the tyres back to Germany. And to cap it all, if I still want the tyres I will have to reorder them.

Fat chance that's happening as this is the third time I've used them and the second time they've messed up the order. So, just ordered from Camskill tonight.

Russ

I have always used camskill tyres and find them great.

I usually try to find the cheapest tyre with the best rating eg. BB, CB, BC.

ive found that sometimes the "unknown" budget brand is often a sub division company from a well known tyre brand company after some research.

I have always used camskill tyres and find them great.

I ordered two tyres from Camskill after 5PM on Monday & they were delivered at 10AM this morning (Wed). Only £20 dearer than Tyreleader but well worth it considering the hassles with Tyreleader when they get it wrong. Wonder how long it will take to get my refund from them?

Russ

I ordered two tyres from Camskill after 5PM on Monday & they were delivered at 10AM this morning (Wed). Only £20 dearer than Tyreleader but well worth it considering the hassles with Tyreleader when they get it wrong. Wonder how long it will take to get my refund from them?

Russ

That is good service. My gripe with Tyreleader is the 7 day delivery period. I've been lucky in that my transactions have been hassle free...............so far.

My gripe with Tyreleader is the 7 day delivery period. I've been lucky in that my transactions have been hassle free...............so far.

7 days delivery? I ordered winter tyres last year and despite being told I would get a tracking number and the tyres would arrive in 5 days they took over 4 weeks to get delivered to my preferred tyre fitters. The tracking number was emailed to me over a week after delivery. What was more worrying was the tyre fitters told me that none of the tyres delivered by Tyreleader have a name or address attached to them. They appear to cross the Continent on only a bar code and he gets them delivered without any clue as to who's ordered them.

Russ

7 days delivery? I ordered winter tyres last year and despite being told I would get a tracking number and the tyres would arrive in 5 days they took over 4 weeks to get delivered to my preferred tyre fitters. The tracking number was emailed to me over a week after delivery. What was more worrying was the tyre fitters told me that none of the tyres delivered by Tyreleader have a name or address attached to them. They appear to cross the Continent on only a bar code and he gets them delivered without any clue as to who's ordered them.

Russ

If that is the case then avoid is the message. All my tyres have been addressed correctly with a sticker on the plastic covering. I have them delivered to my address and I take them to my fitter.
4 weeks is a ridiculous time to wait. Something tells me they took your order and money but were out of stock?
Whatever, I can see your reasons to avoid them.

I used OPONEO recently- 4 winters delivered to my fitter in 5 days and all correct so no complaints - havent used tyre leader or cam skill to be honest but have mytyres and blac circles all good

Camskill have always been perfect on the several occasions I have used them

i ordered from 365 all tyres last night at 4pm . ive received an email already to tell me they have left the warehouse for delivery , which is free also . well see what happens.

ive also used tyreleader before and 1 tyre came from germany one day , the next day another tyre showed up from not sure where. took about 5 days .

I just used camskill a few weeks back they were the best cost wise even with shipping included for the tyres I needed 2x 225 40 18 and 2 x 255 35 18
arrived pretty much next day too so cant complain
I have used tyreleader in the past but they can take up to 5 days sometimes longer for delivery.
on this occasion they were slightly more expensive compared to camskill so I went with camskill ;)

raj

365 all tyres leads out of france. looks like another long wait.

+1 for Camskill. Good price, delivered next day.

My Avon tyres were ordered Tuesday before 4pm from Camskill and delivered to the local garage who were replacing brakes (and another caliper, again!) on Thursday at lunch time.

Car was booked in for Friday, so all good, but not next day as the website proclaims

Cheaper than anyone else who do Avon tyres (Oponeo don't)

My Avon tyres were ordered Tuesday before 4pm from Camskill and delivered to the local garage who were replacing brakes (and another caliper, again!) on Thursday at lunch time.

Car was booked in for Friday, so all good, but not next day as the website proclaims

Cheaper than anyone else who do Avon tyres (Oponeo don't)

Try Blackcircles fitted

Not a fan of Black Circles either Abs, I've used then at least 3 times and they always either had 3 tyres and had to order the 4th or on one occasion delivered to the wrong garage for fitment and asked " Could I not go and pick them up? " not a good experience..

My best one was a company in Huddersfield that got the rim size wrong, sending out 4 wrong tyres. The promised to send out the correct ones and up lift the wrong. Delivery driver arrives "Nope, no uplift mentioned here..can't take them mate" Fine. A phone call later and another uplift organised...and didn't. Ended up sitting in my shed for 8 months before I sold them. Nothing was ever said.

Not a fan of Black Circles either Abs, I've used then at least 3 times and they always either had 3 tyres and had to order the 4th or on one occasion delivered to the wrong garage for fitment and asked " Could I not go and pick them up? " not a good experience..

My best one was a company in Huddersfield that got the rim size wrong, sending out 4 wrong tyres. The promised to send out the correct ones and up lift the wrong. Delivery driver arrives "Nope, no uplift mentioned here..can't take them mate" Fine. A phone call later and another uplift organised...and didn't. Ended up sitting in my shed for 8 months before I sold them. Nothing was ever said.

Damn!! I got the Avon’s ordered through blackcircles this time Dave :( lol

I rang the garage who were going to fit it to be told it’s a first come first serve basis and no appointment so just turn up Thursday whatever time.. ffs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom