CDRs in AUDIO 10?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srowe

Car
E320 CDi Avantgarde
I was disappointed when I tried a copy of a CD I'd made was rejected by the CD player. I had wanted to make copies of all of my CDs so if they were scratched or lost it wouldn't matter. Is this a known problem with the AUDIO 10?

srowe said:
I was disappointed when I tried a copy of a CD I'd made was rejected by the CD player. I had wanted to make copies of all of my CDs so if they were scratched or lost it wouldn't matter. Is this a known problem with the AUDIO 10?

Sometimes it depends on the copy - not sure of all the technical jargon but there are 'bits' at the beginning[and end?] of each CD that the player recognises and CD won't play if they are missing.

I was surprised that copies worked in my Alpine 6 stack of '98 vintage!

I agree with the above. Mine work in my CD 10, but it's a bit choosey. Doesn't like anything after the 80's either. What programme are you using on your computer to copy them, and where are they downloaded from?:crazy:

timmy said:
I agree with the above. Mine work in my CD 10, but it's a bit choosey. Doesn't like anything after the 80's either. What programme are you using on your computer to copy them, and where are they downloaded from?

It was a copy of a CD I've bought, using K3b on Linux (this PC has been Windows-free for many years). Works fine in our DVD players.

just try to burn slower and it should work. :p i played home made cd's in the audio 10 cd and now in my new aps 30 without any problems. btw in my house are no windos boxes for years... :cool: only my stupid work laptop :devil: have to has winxp (company policy) but is dual boot he he he :rock:

I have an Audio 10 in a W203 (2002). Not only does it play CD-R disks, it will also play home made CDs witten to CD-RW disks. I don't know if this is normal, or if I am just lucky. I had a W210 E300TD whose CD player would only play shop-bought CDs.

Is there something better than XP then? Am a bit slow on these things :confused:

bitonw is right, if you burn the copy at a slow enough speed (try 4x or less) it should be OK. Does sometimes depend on the quality of the recording media as well though.

Might be worth using K3b to make a copy to your hard drive and then burn it from there as there is less likelyhood of any errors. Does your copy play OK on other players?

masqueraid said:
bitonw is right, if you burn the copy at a slow enough speed (try 4x or less) it should be OK. Does sometimes depend on the quality of the recording media as well though.

Might be worth using K3b to make a copy to your hard drive and then burn it from there as there is less likelyhood of any errors. Does your copy play OK on other players?

I thought I should try some different speeds and media. I think I did rip it to disk first and then burn, I might even try a CDRW on the off chance.

I never tried an cdrw for music so i don't know if it works... becarefull not to get an cd stock in your player. may be try it first in a cheap portable cd player?

I have similar problems. My audio 10 MF2910 will only play CDR media, when burned at 4x. In the past i used packard bell cdr's, however i cannot source them know.

Im wondering what brand of cdr do you use? Are they available online?

I bought 400 CDr's when I was living in The Algarve, still using them. ;) They are white (no name) with 80Min / 700Mb. I use them for every thing. :cool:

The make of CDR can have a big effect, some work better than others. Make sure you finish the session off properly so finalise the CD or it won't work.

Optical media seem much more temperamental than magnetic and one player that is the same make and model as another will play where the next one won't.

It is therefore often trial and error which can be expensive!!

Make sure you've used the right format too. AFAIK Audio 10 won't read MP3.;)

pammy said:
The make of CDR can have a big effect, some work better than others. Make sure you finish the session off properly so finalise the CD or it won't work.

Yep, quite a common issue when people burn stuff to CD and it ONLY plays on their PC!

pammy said:
Optical media seem much more temperamental than magnetic and one player that is the same make and model as another will play where the next one won't.

It is therefore often trial and error which can be expensive!!

Agree with that. I usually always use Sony CD-R's or Maxell never really had a problem with those...

pammy said:
Make sure you've used the right format too. AFAIK Audio 10 won't read MP3.;)

Many systems won't play .MP3 files however most CD writing software will allow you to burn files in 'Audio' format.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom