Comand 2.0 and DIY Reversing camera issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
I have a Panasonic DVD player running perfectly through my Comand 2.0. I bought a £6 reversing camera off ebay. The camera works fine off the cheap and nasty Eonon unit in my C180k but I want to use it on the Comand in my 270ML. When I unplug the Panasonic DVD Video phono and plug in the camera the video displayed is very distorted and overlapped. Is the comand sensitive to frequency?

Camera is NTSC - problem solved

What camera is required then?

I'm ordering a £9 PAL one off ebay. It should work but will let you know. Ive taken out the analogue tv tuner so have a spare phono in

I'm ordering a £9 PAL one off ebay. It should work but will let you know. Ive taken out the analogue tv tuner so have a spare phono in

Ok, will keep an eye out for the outcome! Where are you affixing the camera?

It comes with a drill bit. I'll pop a hole in the bumper at the bottom. I'll upload a photo if successful. Cheers

The issue I now have is that whilst I now have the camera working Im not confident in drilling the hole. On my W203 I could get my hand behind the bumper to (a) feed wires and (b) check there was enough room for the shaft of the camera. On the W163 I can't get my hand in behind the bumper and I can see there quite a chunk of metal behind so I dont want to drill a hole in the plastic bumper and find I cant get in deep enough. I don't fancy taking the rear bumper off.

I was thinking that you were going to be using a camera which replaces one of the number plate lights, like below;

wpfd923a93_05_06.jpg

I wouldn't drill into my bumper for a camera, but have seen a camera drilled into the Euro sign of a number plate before, looked neat and discreet.

I took the bumper off tonight, just 4 bolts. Its easy but I hate taking them off as sometimes they never line up right again. Drilled in the centre and cabled fine. I like the idea of the number plate camera and did look into it but you have a harder job of getting the wires back into the car. Ive got the power coming of the reversing light curcuit so that was easy from the bumper.

Cheers
Louis

Hi mate did you have command already fitted to your ml? I am wanting to do something similar to save the rear bumper from my missus. How did you wire the camera up to the command unit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom