GLC mysterious bongs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Once again, it's collision prevention assist

14.5 degrees today so probably not :)
Lol, in my defence I was in Kansas when I replied :)

However, wandering through Colorado Springs today I saw these and thought of you:
N-01-2-3.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, in my defence I was in Kansas when I replied :)

However, wandering through Colorado Springs today I saw these and thought of you:
N-01-2-3.jpg

Never saw those on the options list :)

Once again, it's collision prevention assist

Yes, after some controlled testing I do believe it is, specifically when a car in front turns left or right into a side road or at the lights. I still reckon it's oversensitive, I don't claim to be the greatest driver on earth but have done a fare amount of advanced driver training and even some blue light training so feel I'm well within sensible tolerances.

Guess it's one of those man against machine things, I know I can deactivate it but that seems stupid. It doesn't particularly annoy me, just wondered what it was so thanks!

Yes, after some controlled testing I do believe it is, specifically when a car in front turns left or right into a side road or at the lights. I still reckon it's oversensitive, I don't claim to be the greatest driver on earth but have done a fare amount of advanced driver training and even some blue light training so feel I'm well within sensible tolerances.

Guess it's one of those man against machine things, I know I can deactivate it but that seems stupid. It doesn't particularly annoy me, just wondered what it was so thanks!

Yes, IMO it is calibrated incorrectly. I've had it a couple of dozen times in the 4 months I've owned my GLC. I had it maybe 3-4 times in the 7 years i owned my Volvo XC60.

I actually had it yesterday when it apparently thought I was about to drive into a central island, which I'm managed never to do in all my years of driving. I've had it several times with cars turning left ahead of me, when not even close to needing to brake. Also on the motorway it seems overly cautious in doing the red triangle whilst driving behind another vehicle. I'm pretty respectful of inter-car distance on the basis that if you aren't thinking of overtaking, give yourself plenty of reaction time, but occasionally it still bings at me.

Last edited:
Mine goes off regularly as there is a signpost very close to the edge of the road about 1/4 mile from home, it's a straight road but it bing a bong nearly every time. Never happens anywhere else.

3 times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL, OK a period of smugness should now follow :)

LOL, OK a period of smugness should now follow :)

Well I need cheering up! One of my customers went to Car-fecking-wow today and didn't speak to me first

Well I need cheering up! One of my customers went to Car-fecking-wow today and didn't speak to me first

Well, when it goes tats up for them, just say, wow, that wouldn't have happened if you'd had the courtesy to at least come to me to and see if I would match the deal....

With the emphasis on wow of course.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom