Have I crossed a line?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John N

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Peterborough. - (Scot on Permanent Tour!)
Car
GLB 220D 4Matic P+
I tend to wash my car on Saturday Morning, Snow Foam, Pressure Wash, then Shampoo followed by a good Rinse, then dry using a new Shammy (Can't spell the correct name):rolleyes:

I know for a fact that a few neighbours think I'm mental!o_O

This week after the above I noticed the Leaf Vac/Blower that I bought as a "Must Have" to get rid of the Autumn Leaves that fall in my Garden, purchase Date Oct 2015!:devil:

I plugged it in attached the Blow Pipe and much to the pleasure and amusement of said neighbours and passing traffic, proceeded to dry the Paintwork off, only having to use the Leather on a few missed bits. And it dried the Car a treat, even those annoying parts that always drip or run AFTER you have finished and leave a Calcium Deposit unless you dry them of properly.

So, Question: Have I crossed into the mad OCD World of the Detailer? or am I am normal bloke using his intuition? :crazy:

The first time i used my petrol blower to dry the caar my neighbours were amused, now they just consider it normal Merc owner behaviour...

Quite a few people have been innovative enough to use these as a drying aid, I often use an airline on a relatively low pressure which is basically the same principle. Good for the mirrors and door handles which, as you say, always drip afterwards.

Incidentally, and I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, a microfibre drying towel is much more efficient than a chamois leather at drying, with a lot less possibility of scratching your paint.

As for the neighbours, just ignore them, mine are used to me by now. :)

I often get from my neighbours ‘are you cleaning that car again’

I just smile as they are all a good bunch.

I clean our cars once a week on a Sunday, less often for the Mercedes since it’s been living in the garage.

I do look after my cars and sold one to a neighbour who could not purchase it quick enough.

It’s in a bit of a state now, it’s strange how he always wants to buy a mint car but never really wants to clean them, his wife is the same.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you not only crossed a line, but also went totally OTT with the leaf blower. Total insanity.

Seriously, why can't you just use the wife's hair dryer with an extension cord like eveyone else?

What a great idea, I use a air line from my truck when I'm cleaning the car in the yard.

The dishwaser works well to clean smaller car parts too, in case you do deceide to go full ocd ;)

Yep. :thumb:

Snooker balls go in the dishwasher once a week. FYI without a tablet. :)

Yea if you use a tablet it makes alloy go all whitish, does it do the same for snooker balls?

Yea if you use a tablet it makes alloy go all whitish, does it do the same for snooker balls?

Yep. Not good on certain things. Crystal glasses never go in there for this very reason. Tablets give the glass a plasticky coating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom