Head unit switching off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattNutt

Car
E350 convertable
Hi everyone..
Can anyone shed any light on my problem or how best to resolve.

So I bought a 2014 eclass coupe.
After some months(possibly when it rained) the head unit would pop sound and turn off and turn back on automatically. After doing this for about a month it finally died.
I had the head unit tested and was told it dead.
I replaced the head unit and had it coded and it was up and running again!.

Couple months down the line... same again. I think it mat have something to do with the rain getting in somewhere.

But where would water be getting to affect the head unit? Could it be a hidden amp somewhere?

I checked all fuses 1st time around but all were OK.
Seems like whatever is happening only affects my head unit.

The on symbol on the head unit power button always flashes on and off when it wont power back on. Don't know if this has something to do with it also.

Please can anyone help.😢

Hey all..... just a thought on this.. if water is getting into my reverse camera. Do you think this could blow my head unit.. I have noticed in the past that my camera goes a funny colour and wavey picture, like there's water in it.
I've just been and washed the car.. put the roof down then back up and it's just come on again with lines in the screen. So I've turned it off now and won't put it back on till I've solved it.
Any help or ideas would be really helpful.

Hey all..... just a thought on this.. if water is getting into my reverse camera. Do you think this could blow my head unit.. I have noticed in the past that my camera goes a funny colour and wavey picture, like there's water in it.
I've just been and washed the car.. put the roof down then back up and it's just come on again with lines in the screen. So I've turned it off now and won't put it back on till I've solved it.
Any help or ideas would be really helpful.

Hi Matt, the same thing has happened to me. So, I just went to the Mercedes dealer who tells me that its the head unit that's gone. I've not got any water ingress so, its just its age I suppose. They suggested that I go for a after market unit to up date the car (2008) as its probable the replacement comand unit won't be available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom