Hi everyone.help with insurance))

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roman82

Car
MERCEDES C126,W124 400E AMG,W124ce 300-24 SPORTLINE ///AMG,w212 350 sport
I just bought Mercedes 300ce SPORTLINE 1992. Can y help me guys to find best( and cheap)))) insurance company . Of course I do planning use this car only on weekends. I got main car and 9years ncd. Thx

Roman i know of two i shall be looking in to for my next insurance .
1 Footman James
3 Chris Nott .
Tou can get a classic insurance .And a limited mileage ..i think they are on the forum if you look.

You need "classic" insurance. My 124-series is insured through Footman James. I don't know if they're the cheapest, but they're sensible to work with.

It gets cheaper if you limit the total miles in a year. They'll also want to know where you keep it at night.

1992 is classic group??? And road tax is r standard prices?? Also my mate just get 124 ce 3.2 1995 it is classic group as well???? Many thx

Whether the car is accepted for classic insurance depends on the company and the age of the car. Footman James normally accept 20 years and older (some cars a bit younger). My 124 is 1995. You do need to have another "daily driver" car, so that the classic is for occasional use only.

Just spoke to footman James and been offer 103£ and also I did include uk and eu breakdown cover so all together cost more 167£. The cheapest insurance in my life))). Thx so much to all of you.

Hi,

Have you tried us for insurance yet? If you wanted to PM me I'd be happy to arrange a quotation for you.

Kind Regards
Dan

Thx. I got one already. But next year I will try urs. Thx again

It's always the same... There are so many variables to car insurance - how long is a bit of string?

FWIW, I'm going with the renewal quote from SAGA. £181.67 for a 1996 C124 E320. This includes NCD protection, Legal Protection and breakdown cover.

But then, I'm an old git of 67 living in the sticks, owned the car for 16 years and have a clean licence...

On a comparison site, Admiral quoted c£450, some clowns quoted £5200+ and separately, Aviva thought the were doing me a favour at £318.21.

Away and do your homework!

Saga also cover our 124. Very reasonably priced. Under 200. Far less than anyone else for what I needed. I use it as a daily driver when its in the UK and they give unlimited fully comprehensive EU cover for when its in Italy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom