How much does it cost to wrap window trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Hi, quite a number of people here have wrapped their chrome window trim in black.

I'd like to go the other way; a lot of the C350e's I'm browsing have black trim and I want chrome.

How much does it cost (roughly) to wrap the window trims?

Probably depends were you go, I wanted the opposite, chrome to black, window trims and boot strip. Quoted £400
Needless to say, I passed. 😮

And don't forget to inform your insurance company, if you do change the colour......

Probably depends were you go, I wanted the opposite, chrome to black, window trims and boot strip. Quoted £400
Needless to say, I passed. 😮

Yeah, I suspected it wasn't going to be cheap.

I've since seen two pop up that had chrome window surrounds. And, with that, chrome roof bars (I'm looing at estates). I think an estate might look odd with black bars and chrome windows surround.

So the chrome ones do exist; I might have just been unlucky with my first search where only black ones appeared.

Or the ones you have seen with black trim have been wrapped and are in fact chrome ? The current owner (if not the first owner) might not even know that they have been wrapped.

I suppose it's written on the build sheet , you can't exactly go around asking the seller if you could scratch the black trim to see if there is chrome underneath :D

And don't forget to inform your insurance company, if you do change the colour......

I'm rapidly going off the idea. As per my previous post, 2 chrome ones popped up on AT today so it's currently 3-2 in terms of black and chrome.

Looks like I should be able to find one if I'm patient. This is a 350e (so gen 1 Hybrid not Gen 2) but it's the sort of thing I'm after.

C350e 2.jpg

As opposed to this. Each to their own, but I really like the the way the chrome breaks up the side profile.

C300e black.jpg

Or the ones you have seen with black trim have been wrapped and are in fact chrome ? The current owner (if not the first owner) might not even know that they have been wrapped.

I suppose it's written on the build sheet , you can't exactly go around asking the seller if you could scratch the black trim to see if there is chrome underneath :D

LOL.

The ones I originally saw were listed as "Night Edition" so deffo factory.

I know it's a popular look but I'm old school.

Agree, the top one with the chrome trim looks way better and that particular estate has not had the rear windows tinted 'murder' black , no idea why people do that to a nice estate car , if you want your car to look like a van just buy a van.

I'm on my 2nd wrap of my C217. Someone smashed into the side while I was parked - insurance paid for the repair, respray and new wrap of the panels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom