How much must this have cost?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The photographs of the engine which came from a late 279 V12 AMG are very impressive there is an article on the MB World all about the build. I can't begin to think how much it must have cost.

It’s simply amazing. Why bother thinking about the cost? Clearly it’s not cheap and someone could afford to get it done. Kudos to the owner.

Probably not one for the oily-fingered home bodger, though.

Impressive engineering. But how much faster etc would it be than a C63s...much?

It’s simply amazing. Why bother thinking about the cost? Clearly it’s not cheap and someone could afford to get it done. Kudos to the owner.

If the "kudos" of the owner is entirely dependent on spending any amount required to have the biggest, loudest fastest car possible and then never missing an opportunity to bore the ar$e off anyone within earshot about how big, loud and fast his car is or to drive it like a kn0b in his constant quest for attention.

Sometimes less is more.

If the "kudos" of the owner is entirely dependent on spending any amount required to have the biggest, loudest fastest car possible and then never missing an opportunity to bore the ar$e off anyone within earshot about how big, loud and fast his car is or to drive it like a kn0b in his constant quest for attention.

Sometimes less is more.

You came to this conclusion from knowing the owner personally or just by looking at the picture?

Sometimes less is more.

I would imagine the complete opposite really - IMO the people who spend the "real" big bucks on things like this done in the correct fashion are the least likely to shout about it, its the back street remap bodgers who are the worst.

You came to this conclusion from knowing the owner personally or just by looking at the picture?

Neither.

I simply highlighted the fact that you associate "kudos" with spending excessive sums on unnecessary amounts of BHP in a road car.

Neither.

I simply highlighted the fact that you associate "kudos" with spending excessive sums on unnecessary amounts of BHP in a road car.

They say you shouldn't concern yourself with other people's money, Scott_F.

Even more astounding is that the BHP figures quoted are at the wheels. The reason I asked how much would it have cost is that everything looks to be done to a very, very high standard, hats off to the guy who commissioned it after all we can spend our money however we see fit. I have customers who buy secondhand guitars and watches from me for more than you would sensibly pay for a car, still each to his own.

It looks like Weistec have put a 1000 bhp V12 into a black series C63

Well I wish I could afford it! Even if that meant I had no taste. Well to think of it I obviously have none

Nor the "Look at me !! Look at me !!" gene.

What, no budget V12 conversion coming to Ford Ka then? I'd be looking forward to that.

What, no budget V12 conversion coming to Ford Ka then? I'd be looking forward to that.

If you have the money, go for it...:D

Even more astounding is that the BHP figures quoted are at the wheels. The reason I asked how much would it have cost is that everything looks to be done to a very, very high standard, hats off to the guy who commissioned it after all we can spend our money however we see fit. I have customers who buy secondhand guitars and watches from me for more than you would sensibly pay for a car, still each to his own.
Neither.

I'm not quite sure who you are to define "excessive" and "unnecessary"in this instance..I feel sure that Alex was admiring the vehicle in terms of an engineering exercise and what has been achieved..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom