If not a eek, certainly a hmm😶

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
Swmbo has hd to use the car a fair bit while buying and sorting the EV6. and tbh I haven’t been giving my A205 Cab the attention it deserves. Doing a full check over today and saw this. Tyres had previously been over-inflated (tsk) and I had reduced pressures a few months ago, but with plenty going on I missed the centre wearing quicker as it would. Just Tyres matched the lowest price seen for MO Continentals 245/40 R18 97Y XL. Fitting first thing Friday. Have been impressed with Just Tyres, good bunch of lads and highly professional.IMG_2023-08-09-180317.jpeg

I've had a lot worse, my CLK went into Mercedes for an MOT and service, was told front ball joints needed replaced. I'd just replaced the front tyres before as they were getting near the limit, but across the whole tyre width. So with two brand new front tyres, Mercedes replaced the ball joints. Six months later I parked at Tesco and went shopping, on return the front wheels were still on full lock and I found the front tyres had over 6mm tread over 3/4 of the tyres width but the inside edge of both tyres had broken steel cords sticking out and were through to the canvas!

I've seen worse....difficult to see but it looks like those would pass and MOT....they are not on the wear bands yet.

3 bar on all 4 corners would be ok for 18" tyres, gives ya comfortable ride.

I’ve just replaced tyres on my wife’s XC90 after just 8 months and 4000 miles.
Can safely say, Rainsport 5 tyres are not recommended folks for an SUV type car.

Jim

I’ve just replaced tyres on my wife’s XC90 after just 8 months and 4000 miles.
Can safely say, Rainsport 5 tyres are not recommended folks for an SUV type car.

Jim
8 months/4k, Wow, respect……..

Yip. And much poorer 😢
Really badly worn to TWIs 🫣

J

Jimmcb ^^^^ Did you notice any massive improvement in grip , shorter braking distances etc during their short life ? Or better performance in the wet ? 4K miles seems a short life for a non sport tyre.

They were really good - we’ve had them on most of our cars including my wife’s previous car, Q7 - so was disappointed they wore so quickly this time. Nothing I can do though.

Performance in the wet is always good with these. Will put them on the E53 when needing replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom