New tyres for W213 - Goodyear vs Michelin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I found the Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 3 to be a great choice for noise, comfort and fuel efficiency - you might be able to get 5 for your tyre size. You can also opt for the MOE version so that they are designed for Mercedes. I know it sounds silly but I can feel a difference :p
I am currently trying the supersport but I have to admit it provides too much road feedback that doesnt sit well with non sporty cars.

Last edited:
When I was looking for a set, I couldn't find Asy 3s in my size, only Asy 5s. The Asy 3s had a 2db lower noise rating, and I would have preferred them.

How about Continental ExtremeContact DWS06?
Couldn't find that for my car - not at Costco.
I found the Goodyear eagle f1 assymetric 3 to be a great choice for noise, comfort and fuel efficiency - you might be able to get 5 for your tyre size. You can also opt for the MOE version so that they are designed for Mercedes. I know it sounds silly but I can feel a difference :p
I am currently trying the supersport but I have to admit it provides too much road feedback that doesnt sit well with non sporty cars.

When I was looking for a set, I couldn't find Asy 3s in my size, only Asy 5s. The Asy 3s had a 2db lower noise rating, and I would have preferred them.

So I have now made up my mind on Goodyear but torn between Asymmetric 3 or 5. This is how they compare on paper:

MakeMO?Fuel ratingWet gripNoise level
Asymmetric 3YesAB70 db
Asymmetric 5NoCA71 db

As per Tyre Reviews though, Asymm 5 is a BIG STEP UP over Asymm 3. Expected from a newer model. I think I should take a chill pill -- these are just tyres after all. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Forget noise level lable scores , real world testing is King .

Screenshot_20211124-123140_Chrome.jpg

That last would be more useful if there was a link to the full test, don't you think?

OP, I wouldn't worry about MO, small differences in fuel efficiency and wet grip, lap times, or 'subjective' assessment of handling and comfort. The same applies to claims that either tyre is greatly superior or inferior to the other; they aren't. Furthermore, they will perform slightly differently on your car anyway because its suspension is not the same as the test car's.

For your driving, take that chill pill, and buy whichever you can get the best deal on. If there's no real difference, toss a coin; neither tyre will disappoint in the real world.

Bigger alloys equals less sidewall sidewall for cushioning and a firmer ride. The only thing I can say, having moved from R17's to R16's and not going nearly as fast as I used to, means that the road noise at 70mph and firmness of the ride are not so important. If you are just pootling about at lower speeds, almost anything will do, but at 90mph+ on the autobahn, its a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom