K reg 560sec......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why would anyone perform such a pointless exercise...equally why would anyone else want to buy the result?

Weird.....

Maybe there is a reason there is not another one.

So he also ruined two 300d 124's
and diesel'd a 230ce.

The owner has too much time on his hands and that's not all...he should be fined for doing what he's done. I can just imagine the conversation in the local, telling one and all how he gets 30 mpg in a '560' and has solved any potential problems with '' hydraulic suspension removed replaced with new springs& shocks, air con removed, seatbelt butlers removed because they were annoying''!

I'd sort of understand if it was a semi-potent engine, but a 12v 300D? That will be the slowest thing this side of a hearse.

Charles Morgan said:
I'd sort of understand if it was a semi-potent engine, but a 12v 300D? That will be the slowest thing this side of a hearse.

Indeed. If fuel costs were that much of an issue, the original engine on LPG driven moderately sensibly would surely achieve the same but be a much more pleasant way of getting around.

I once drove a 300D. It was about 12000 miles in and 8 months old. It was an awful experience. Don't get me wrong, the all leather cab and amazing turning circle and general comfort were what Mercedes are renowned for, but sluggish. Oh so sluggish.
I cannot imagine converting to one except as an academic exercise. Definitely not one to buy!

Well theres certainly enough room in there to fit that engine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom