minor bit of fun on M40 this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bloody good job too - makes sense the cops use what they seize.

Utterly amazed it happens truth be told.

One traffic cop commented that it pi$$es the bad guys off to see their former cars being used for law enforcement .

I can see a certain poetic justice in that , as well as good economic sense .

Its also been known for seized cars to be driven round the estates to see who pops out the woodwork

The best way is just to put false plates on your car I have Tony's reg (Def90 Cars).
And so far i have had no speeding tickets and raced loads of unmarked cars on the motorway.

1. Haha...... just stay away from Coalville.... an irate husband is after me and might scratch your car.
2. I was stopped in a rental car in April as it had cloned plates!! I was impressed by the Policeman's stealth driving.... I randomly saw him going the other way and he popped out behind me 6 miles later!!

Plenty of high powered unmarked cars knocking around Dorset, and a good few marked cars too. Funny thing is that after a while you start to learn the reg plates of the stealth ones, and you can always spot the extra shark fin radio antennae on the roof if you look closely enough. Not so easy in the dark though.

As it happens though there is very little speeding around here. It's just not worth it. In part due to the unmarked cars I'm sure.

I did however see a Police tractor a few days ago which I thought was hilarious.. maybe it's to help them deal with the rise in rustling and theft of farm machinery? :D

If the antenna looks like a 'shark fin' then it is a GPS antenna , which are fitted to a great many civilian cars as well .

The Airwave antennae used by all UK emergency services have a small pancake-like base with a 'bee sting' type mast coming out of the rear end .

Used to be very easy to spot unmarked cars up here as they all started with SF in the reg along with being a certain make with the double antennae but now they've got all different makes with normal registrations.

It's just not worth the risk.

I always look for eppelets on the driver's shoulders also, check the number plates and rear windows for adverts/dealers names they won't have any.

I have a fail-safe way of dealing with unmarked police cars: I assume that they all are! I restrict demonstrations to other drivers of my car's performance to acceleration within speed limits, and when travelling at *ahem* speeds I'm always prepared to slow down until certain who is at the wheel of other cars. It's one of many ways to stay alert and practice my observational skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom