r129 sl500 & man maths

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flat6buster

Car
W222 S350, 911sc
well I have finally booked Gertie the G in to have some remediary paintwork attended to. In what I can only consider to be one of my most successful pieces of man-maths to date I managed to persuade SWMBO that we needed another car whilst that was in being painted.

Cue a 58,000 mile SL500 in silver with a blue interior that I am really pretty impressed with. Hardtop on it is much quieter than our E class estate, hardtop off it is either nearly silent or just has a little v8 burble if you prod it.

And whilst it is no AMG, when you prod it, it goes in a manner that the bald figures don't do justice to. It is actually properly quick, I was actually quite surprised. Certainly once it is up to 60 it just keeps going and going. IIRC they are quoted at 7 ish to 60 but the overtaking punch is really much better than that suggests.

I am glad I did not get a 6 cylinder, whilst that would have been a lovely car too, no doubt, I like the way this one woofles and goes when asked.

Congratulations! I think the figures are 0-62 in 6.2, but kick down from fifth at 80 ish (where you can!) to third, and enjoy! I've had mine about 11 years, and enjoy it so much, I bought another one about 5 months ago!

my most successful pieces of man-maths to date I managed to persuade SWMBO that we needed another car whilst that was in being painted.

:thumb: Man maths is all powerful and the sums are always right - it's the law :D.

Congratulations! I think the figures are 0-62 in 6.2, but kick down from fifth at 80 ish (where you can!) to third, and enjoy! I've had mine about 11 years, and enjoy it so much, I bought another one about 5 months ago!
I can see why people hang on to them and they are ludicrously good value. Two is just showing off though ;-)

I can see why people hang on to them and they are ludicrously good value. Two is just showing off though ;-)

:D

It's the good value bit that's the problem! Having spent about £3.5k on the old one over the last couple of years, I'm not prepared to sell it at the current market value to realise maybe an extra £500 in my pocket! It now stays at my father in law's, and we have a "no cost" sunny day car up there!

A very good choice of car! :)

And yes, the V8 is beautiful!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom