stupid motorway junction...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skyline pete

Car
CLK 230 K ..and a big DAF 105/510 bhp XF
M60 junction 25 at Bredbury stockport

loaded up in my truck coming on to motorway going anti clockwise on to M60, coming down slip road ...OMG it brings you in to lane 3 ( fast lane )
44ton loaded at 50ish mph with 3 lanes on my inside doing 70+ mph im trying to get too lane 1 with 3 lanes under taking you :dk:

what a stupid design...:crazy::crazy:

got to be the worst junction ever..unless youve seen worse..:mad:

I agree. It's a strange junction almost like joining a continental motorway

I've looked on Google Earth. The slip road becomes the third lane...you do not join the third lane, so no one will be coming up behind you. Looks reasonable to me.

Last edited:
I used to work in southern Belgium long before Charleroi airport was built, so to catch a flight I had to drive north to Brussels airport at Zaventem. On the approach you have to leave the R0 and join the R22 but to do so you have to join the R22 in the fast lane and then cross three lanes of traffic to get off at the airport slip road in a distance of approximately 300 meters. Anyone that has driven on the motorways around Brussels will know that Belgian drivers give no quarter and all seem to have very heavy right feet. I don't half love their beer though and was always ready for one once I reached departures.

renault12ts said:
I've looked on Google Earth. The slip road becomes the third lane...you do not join the third lane, so no one will be coming up behind you. Looks reasonable to me. http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/renault12ts/media/pic1_zpsd5b72e38.jpg.html http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/renault12ts/media/pic_zps7ed39d00.jpg.html

The OP was talking about the difficulty of moving to the left for slower moving vehicles, not joining the road as such.

There's a junction like that southbound on the A12 north of the blackwall but it's speed limited to 40 so not so much of an issue.

What did people do when they had something to moan about, before this forum existed?

FFS, get a life.

tad irritable tonight Mr DM?

It's not just tonight. This forum has become a sounding board for sad, whinging old men.

If the biggest issue people have in their lives to be bothered about is a motorway junction, they should think themselves very fortunate and have a good, fun time.

It's not just tonight. This forum has become a sounding board for sad, whinging old men.

If the biggest issue people have in their lives to be bothered about is a motorway junction, they should think themselves very fortunate and have a good, fun time.

It's certainly changed. I'm finding I send far less time on here, partly because I'm busier, and partly as the discussions are not there as they were a few years ago. Time change, places change I suppose.

loaded up in my truck coming on to motorway going anti clockwise on to M60, coming down slip road ...OMG it brings you in to lane 3 ( fast lane )
44ton loaded at 50ish mph with 3 lanes on my inside doing 70+ mph im trying to get too lane 1 with 3 lanes under taking you :dk:

The OP was talking about the difficulty of moving to the left for slower moving vehicles, not joining the road as such.

There's a junction like that southbound on the A12 north of the blackwall but it's speed limited to 40 so not so much of an issue.

I have highlighted what the OP said...however, the slip road is the start of lane 3, so no one will be coming up behind the OP at 70.

I know somebody who is heavily involved in the design of roads and motorways, one of his pieces of handiwork being the M3/M25 junction, which at times is simply appalling.

His view is clear: if somebody can come up with a design that is proof against human stupidity, selfishness and lack of situational awareness please let him and the Nobel Prize Committee know.

I know somebody who is heavily involved in the design of roads and motorways, one of his pieces of handiwork being the M3/M25 junction, which at times is simply appalling.

His view is clear: if somebody can come up with a design that is proof against human stupidity, selfishness and lack of situational awareness please let him and the Nobel Prize Committee know.

I love that junction. from M3 north to M25 clockwise, in lane 2, you are given about 3 seconds to recognise that you need to merge into another lane, and make sure it's clear...

And as trucks aren't supposed to use the outside lane why design a junction that means you have to break the law to join????
Would be interesting to hear what the Manchester motorway police say.

None sadder than lurking about whinging about the 'decline' of the forum eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom