W204 c63 remap stage1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jatboy

Car
AMG
Does it feel much different to stock 0-60mph ? I just did it and got a draggy 0-60 only 0.5 sec faster than b4 remap !! Is it all about mid range ??

Does it feel much different to stock 0-60mph ? I just did it and got a draggy 0-60 only 0.5 sec faster than b4 remap !! Is it all about mid range ??
What was the 0-60 time before and after? What was the power output before and after?

It was 5.7 before remap and 5.1 aftet 0-60 mph. No idea about bhp figures. The tech that remapped it said that it didn't appear to have been remapped previously. These were all done in auto S mode and Draggy times on the same road, within 20 minutes of each other

It was 5.7 before remap and 5.1 aftet 0-60 mph. No idea about bhp figures. The tech that remapped it said that it didn't appear to have been remapped previously. These were all done in auto S mode and Draggy times on the same road, within 20 minutes of each other
Without knowing power before and after it’s difficult to reach any conclusions.

However I would say that an improvement of 0.6 seconds is pretty good assuming you went from 45x to 50x BHP.

Your baseline 0-60 sounds slow to me though.

Improvement of 0.5 secs is massive for just a remap.
Cant be expecting few seconds wipe off just from a remap increasing power of 50-60bhp.

100-200kph is where its at. Not 0-60mph as traction is always an issue.

Thanks guys

Yeah, both times don't look particularly fast to me. The car was probably limiting power initially for an instant to keep traction. It has LSD too, but assumed that would improve the 0-60 time. It does feel strong mid range, but it did feel strong there before the map.

Was the car checked to make sure that all was well before re-mapping it?

That seems (initially) slow...

What's a C63 'booked' at?
My standard e400 is booked in the low 5s but actually just beat 5 on an optimum day last summer

Was the car checked to make sure that all was well before re-mapping it?
No error codes and drove well before the remap. Maybe it just needs a good thrashing as perhaps its got used to winter slow driving.

Stock 0-60 is meant to be around 4.2-4.5 secs.

There were 2 of us in the car, so perhaps 170kg in weight there.

O to 60 always has to take into account a driver (I believe booked at 80kg)

So something's not 'optiumum'
Wet / greasy surface, poor tyres, bad timing gear?

Yeah, I dunno. None of those excuses really, even the Draggy times were verified

We only did 2 before and 2 after runs for getting the times. On each occasion the times were getting slightly lower on the 2nd run

Yeah, I dunno. None of those excuses really, even the Draggy times were verified

We only did 2 before and 2 after runs for getting the times. On each occasion the times were getting slightly lower on the 2nd run
Multiple runs in relatively quick succession should result in steadily improving times (from rest) as the car’s adaptive settings (mostly transmission) will re adapt to faster shifts, and the tyres will warm up too.

Those times are way off what it should be especially with an LSD
Where did you go for the map?

I went to a RoadRage performance partner in Kent. As I said there was an improvement from the stock map. So not sure the remap is the issue

No error codes and drove well before the remap. Maybe it just needs a good thrashing as perhaps its got used to winter slow driving.

Stock 0-60 is meant to be around 4.2-4.5 secs.

There were 2 of us in the car, so perhaps 170kg in weight there.
Did your friend get out of the car then?

He did, but took the draggy with him to try out on his Cayman.... I've been meaning to try the draggy again alone one day soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom