W211 2007 electric window problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Please can someone tell me the correct way of resetting my drivers side electric window. On closing it reaches the closed position then opens again about 3 inches. I've tried the YouTube resetting procedures without any joy.
I have had the door card off to pinpoint a squeeking noise on one of the track cable pulleys, but after disconnecting door card electrical connections I have been left with the window that won't close automatically.

When it drops three inches , try pressing and holding up once again , hold for 20 seconds.

I think I already tried but will give it another go later.

Just tried but no joy. Window gets to the top then comes down again a little. I had this on my lads CLC a couple of years back and I did some sort of reset which solved it, but the old memory is not what is used to be 😜

You need to reset both top and bottom end points. Using the first click only (not the second auto up/down click), move the window to the fully open position and continue to hold the button in that position for about five seconds. It feels like you're stalling the motor, but the microbrain is learning where fully open is. Do the same for fully closed and all should be well.

You need to reset both top and bottom end points. Using the first click only (not the second auto up/down click), move the window to the fully open position and continue to hold the button in that position for about five seconds. It feels like you're stalling the motor, but the microbrain is learning where fully open is. Do the same for fully closed and all should be well.

From what I read he's already done all of that 🤔🤔

Tried it still coming down. When doing all these button resets what position does the ignition key need to be, position 1 or 2 or engine on.

Tried it still coming down. When doing all these button resets what position does the ignition key need to be, position 1 or 2 or engine on.
Ign lights on or engine running

I've always reset mine with the engine running, for no reason other than I don't trust the battery/charging system one hundred percent.

I've always reset mine with the engine running, for no reason other than I don't trust the battery/charging system one hundred percent.
I have tried all Of the above without any success, obviously not doing it right. Thanks for the replies and I will try again tomorrow, I will post any positive outcomes.

I have tried all Of the above without any success, obviously not doing it right. Thanks for the replies and I will try again tomorrow, I will post any positive outcomes.
Press down holding button, wait 10 seconds , press up holding button ,wait 10 seconds . Window should now be reset . If on the up it drops a little bit , press up and hold button 10 seconds .

If all else fails , remove earth from the battery for 5 mins and reconnect.

Press down holding button, wait 10 seconds , press up holding button ,wait 10 seconds . Window should now be reset . If on the up it drops a little bit , press up and hold button 10 seconds .

If all else fails , remove earth from the battery for 5 mins and reconnect.
Tried every possible button hold combination reset procedure I came across including a couple I made up myself 🙂 nothing worked, window would go up then come down again about 3 inches,I was getting very annoyed. So today I got time to disconnect battery for a few minutes, and after reconnecting, all windows would not go up automatically by flicking the switch, but once the window was closed I held each switch for a few seconds and all windows are working perfectly including the faulty drivers side window. So thanks everyone for their input and hope this thread helps someone with similar issues.

Tried every possible button hold combination reset procedure I came across including a couple I made up myself 🙂 nothing worked, window would go up then come down again about 3 inches,I was getting very annoyed. So today I got time to disconnect battery for a few minutes, and after reconnecting, all windows would not go up automatically by flicking the switch, but once the window was closed I held each switch for a few seconds and all windows are working perfectly including the faulty drivers side window. So thanks everyone for their input and hope this thread helps someone with similar issues.

Removing the battery resets all windows and sunroof, downside is you need to reprogram them all after , but it only takes a minute tbh.

Get some cleaner spray like an All purpose cleaner on the corner of a microfibre cloth , get it into the channels that the glass runs in .
Maybe the window is detecting pressure and thinks that something is trapped in the window so it drops the glass as a safety feature .

Get some cleaner spray like an All purpose cleaner on the corner of a microfibre cloth , get it into the channels that the glass runs in .
Maybe the window is detecting pressure and thinks that something is trapped in the window so it drops the glass as a safety feature .
I had the door panel off and removal of electric connections at the door panel caused the problem. I thoroughly cleaned the channels before I took the door panel off to get rid of a squeak. Main thing is all is well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom