What have i done? 300c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
kylezx7r said:
I owned a 2009 300c and it was absolutely terrible It had 33k miles and I owned it for 10 months, in that time I had 3 electrical failures, all 4 wheel bearings replaced and the gear shifter failed aswell. It was finally and thankfully written off when at 70mph on a motorway the rear axle collapsed and the O/S/R wheel and hub detached and overtook me. The car was wrecked but no one hurt thank god. Needless to say I would stay clear but then again maybe I just had a bad one because I know you wouldn't normally get the issues I had

For sale: my 300c

Joking aside mines spot on! Just had it remapped to 260bhp and a fair few more torques ;) runs perfect and in the month of owning it I've done 4000 miles without any issues at all.

I often drive to London and back to cornwall in it and it's so comfortable.

Only thing that annoys me is the plastic creak on the back roads from the rear seats.

It was finally and thankfully written off when at 70mph on a motorway the rear axle collapsed and the O/S/R wheel and hub detached and overtook me. The car was wrecked but no one hurt thank god.

That's rather scary for a 5 year old or younger car.

JohnEBoy said:
That's rather scary for a 5 year old or younger car.

Tell me about it. In all honesty I loved the 300c my dad had one before me and it was perfect but mine was terrible. It had FSH when I bought it so doing think it was due to lack of servicing either.
It turned out that the reason for the wheel hub parting company was due to the inboard brake shoe liners coming away which pulled the shoes off and then it was self destruct from there. The first I knew of it was when the brake disc hit the road and I was wrestling to keep it in a straight line.
Only good thing was it was 2am and no other cars on the road so no injuries ...... Except to my underpants

Not heard of a failure like that before. Surprising, especially because Mercedes have used that design for decades across most models without issue!

V12 said:
Not heard of a failure like that before. Surprising, especially because Mercedes have used that design for decades across most models without issue!

Agreed, bought it from mercedes Newcastle and I went to them for answers but they didn't want to know and just said my synter warranty didn't cover it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom