£10 for 4L oil from Tesco - fully synthetic, made by Comma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are you all buying MB oil direct from the Dealers?

The oil is changed at every service. I have the usual leak from the oil cooler which means I have had to top up a couple of times, so bought 5 litres of Mobil 1 ... still have about half left.

Are you all buying MB oil direct from the Dealers?
Oil change 'kit' for my C55 V8 , filter , 10 litres oil, sumps plug seals from MB Newcastle a few years back . £55 delivered. Nice if you are doing your own oil change but like a 'link' for your records to genuine MB stuff via the MB invoice. Not saying you can't get the equivalent cheaper elsewhere but with fluids and filters the price difference is not that big. All comes from one place and using your VIN it is unlikely they will send the wrong stuff .

MB Newcastle (and Sunderland ?) have a shop on Ebay.

Thanks everyone :)

Yes. Due to Block Exemption, MB UK were able to practically impose a ban on sale of genuine MB parts outside of their franchised dealer network. This is a concession to car manufacturers, in return for which they are forced to supply parts, special tools, diagnostic equipment, and access to computer systems for non-franchised garages. They have put in a provision where garages that buy genuine MB parts under Block Exemption commit to not sell these parts other than as part of a service or repair that they carry out themselves, or they risk losing access to MB parts and other resources. The end result is that genuine MB parts are only available for purchase from franchised MB dealers (some of them have an eBay store).

That said, you do get the odd genuine MB part that pops-up on eBay from time to time, as a result of some independent garages 'offloading' genuine MB parts to eBay traders via the back door. But this practice is not very common (because it will attract 'unwanted attention' from MB UK...

Thanks for the comprehensive reply - makes sense :)

Oil change 'kit' for my C55 V8 , filter , 10 litres oil, sumps plug seals from MB Newcastle a few years back . £55 delivered. Nice if you are doing your own oil change but like a 'link' for your records to genuine MB stuff via the MB invoice. Not saying you can't get the equivalent cheaper elsewhere but with fluids and filters the price difference is not that big. All comes from one place and using your VIN it is unlikely they will send the wrong stuff .

MB Newcastle (and Sunderland ?) have a shop on Ebay.

Thats very cheap!! :O I know they are reasonable for service parts but thought they'd charge more for Oil.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply - makes sense :)

Thats very cheap!! :O I know they are reasonable for service parts but thought they'd charge more for Oil.
I paid something like £58 for 20 litre bag in box from mb . Its shot up in price the last 2 years. Its still good value though at £3.60 a litre .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom