• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

1998 C280 Elecrical Issues

DannyD

Car
1998 C280 W202
Hi all,

My 1998 C280 is having some electrical problems which have gotten worse over the course of the last few months.

All center console buttons have stopped working apart from the button that manually folds/unfolds the wing mirrors.
I have tested the white switch under the centre console and it is getting 14 volts.

The boot won't open at all, even the key just turns in the barrel. The boot opened fine with the fob unitl a few weeks ago, now nothing.

The windows open/close with the use of the key fob but not from the buttons inside the car.

The front lights are fine but the tail lights do not come on anymore. The back r/h/s indicator has stopped working but this could be a coincidence.

Two lights are on the dash which are:
The ABS light and the one underneath it which I have forgotten (ASR?)

The gearbox also has a transmission control module fault but this may be electrical or might just need the oil changed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Did you have any liquid spill on centre console?

If your rear brake lights don't work, it could be the brake light switch gone bad.

Have you checked fuses in engine room and boot?
Might also be a fried relay gone bad ??

You have some testing to do.

I have had this a few times. Its usually caused by an electrical interference. Try disconnecting both the rear window motors firstly and see what happens. They fill with water....

Did you have any liquid spill on centre console?

If your rear brake lights don't work, it could be the brake light switch gone bad.

Have you checked fuses in engine room and boot?
Might also be a fried relay gone bad ??

You have some testing to do.
I didn't spill anything on the centre console at all and the brake lights work just the tail lights don't come on but the front do.

I checked the fuses under the bonnet and all good but the boot will not open.

I'm thinking possibly a bad ground but very unsure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom