1999 ML320 Will not start after sitting 6 hrs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heartCarothers

Car
Mercedes-Benz ML320 1999
My daughter has a 1999 ML320,Wife drove it to work and was running fine we had a check engine light come on 2 days ago was going to look at it this weekend she gets off work goes out tries to start the vehicle will not start but turns over and all items functional lights wipers blinkers radio etc it does stay turning over until you pull the key back to off or step on the brake twice or so then it'll stop but will not start started up find that morning and has been for the last 3 weeks since we bought it ,oh also has a triangle yellow with a exclamation mark and in the mileage line a wrench code of 85d all of the lights on the left lower side of the dash or yellow and there's three or four red ones on the right side. I was wondering if it might be a reset for fuel pump or something like that due to the fact this is the first Mercedes in the family it's my daughter's first car and I have very little knowledge concerning it any input would be appreciated thank you for your help.🙏

Attachments

• IMG_20220821_101112.jpg
    IMG_20220821_101112.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Well in the UK I would say take it back to the car sales you bought it from and get them to repair it or give you the money back,but I see you are in the US my suggestion is to look for a local repair shop with good reviews that has diagnostic equipment,because it is vital that whats wrong is found and repaired,give us all a heart attack and tell us how many miles your car has done,the 59 and the spanner is either you have gone past a service interval or there are 59 days left before a service is due,you could just check the battery terminals and where the earth /negative battery lead connects to the body and make sure they are clean and tight,but after that it is the repair shop.

Sorry just looked at the picture only 126,000 thats small mileage for a 13 year old car,and as it is 87f I take it you are down south somewhere.

The mileage is pushing about 280,000

There wouldn't be some kind of fuel pump reset processor or something like that cuz it cranks over strong it just won't start I'm going to pull out plugs and see if I'm getting spark tomorrow but it's still injected and I'm not sure until I get a manual if it's a pressurized fuel system etc so I don't want to go dinking with it too much but you know it never hesitated up until the other day it just blows my mind I'm not sure where to look it's either fuel or spark I would assume unless you know with that fancy key it's got there something wrong with it but thanks for your replies and for putting up with my ignorance

Hello and welcome . Testing the pressure on the fuel rail is quite easy to do via the easily accessible Schrader valve (shown here) , that might be a place to start.

1661156597515.png

May I commend you on your bravery buying a 22 year old Mercedes Benz and an ML at that !. It will probably be a local car built in Alabama (but some were built in Graz Austria) I think an A in the VIN denotes USA and an X in the VIN denotes Austria. . There must be lot's of local experience on the ML's in the USA but we will help as much as we can .

Find someone who can read the codes and check the pressure on the fuel rail . Does the car have a recent service history ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom