• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2 Classic Mercs

I have noticed a lot of interesting cars coming out of the woodwork, prised by the hands of hard times. If you look hard enough, there are a lot of good Mercs surfacing.

I went to Transeuropean a year ago to see an SL and saw that 300 SE there. It was being fettled at the time, looked like they were replacing/fixing the gearbox. Looked ok from a few feet, didn't get closer though. Its been on sale for quite a while now, not surprising given the price. Looks like it was originally from Monte Carlo (MC badge on the back)?

I saw the 1st car listed above driving through Ludgate Circus last Friday, it looked nice...Though it did remind me of a program in the early 90's when Rowan Atkinson admitted owning one and loving it....Until he saw himself in the shop window test.

Cheers Ian

The car Rowan Atkinson had in the programme was a 600 , which dwarfs the Fintail .

The W111 series Fintail is 'only' about the same size as a W126 , by comparison the W100 type 600 is HUGE !

Clarkson , of course , has one which he recently featured on TG .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom