• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2007 c class diesel smell from engine is it delphi injectors leaking

hardychokes

Car
mercedes c-class 2.1 w204
2007 ,w204 2.2 om646 engine ,i can smell diesel from injector area ,no leaks ,when i put down black smoke from exhaust lots of it any ideas????

2007 ,w204 2.2 om646 engine ,i can smell diesel from injector area ,no leaks ,when i put down black smoke from exhaust lots of it any ideas????
Could it be that the car is trying to regenerate the dpf and hence running rich? Might be worth taking it for a long run down the motorway and see if the problem persists. Maybe see if there are any error codes showing up on a scan. Could be any of the several reasons due to which cars run rich from faulty sensors to fuel pressure regulator could also be the injectors like you suggest.

Last edited:
Dpf cars should never blow visible smoke. If they do the dpf is broken.

If you suspect a leaking seal, and easy test is to pour a small amount of water into each injector well. You will see the bubbling if they are leaking.

Dpf cars should never blow visible smoke. If they do the dpf is broken.

If you suspect a leaking seal, and easy test is to pour a small amount of water into each injector well. You will see the bubbling if they are leaking.
Hi yes you were right 2nd one from windscreen full of diesel around injector and bubbling what do you recommend???

Hi yes you were right 2nd one from windscreen full of diesel around injector and bubbling what do you recommend???
Remove injector, clean the seat back to shiny metal, same for the injector sealing surface.

New copper washer, new torque bolt (7nm 90degrees 90degrees)

Make sure the bolt thread is completely clean and dry

Remove injector, clean the seat back to shiny metal, same for the injector sealing surface.

New copper washer, new torque bolt (7nm 90degrees 90degrees)

Make sure the bolt thread is completely clean and dry
Thanks will try that when I get a new copper washer thank you

Use lapping stick with sandpaper taped to the end of it ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom