2008 C320 CDI Questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

haggis0073

Car
E220 W212 2013
hi all, well i have sold my beloved CLK (no thanks to wife damaging the front end) and i am now really liking the look of a 2008 C320 CDI Sport that i have come across. Also got fed up with the constant trips for petrol so now going for diesel

Any tips on how reliable the engine and gearbox (7G i believe) is from any owners/previous owners of this model?

Did not want the c350 as 1. just out of my budget 2. It has a DPF ( I believe the c320 2008 model has NO DPF?)

The gearbox is excellent. The om642 engine has known issues but is regarded as reliable .

I did 140,000 miles in mine. 38mpg over that time mixed A roads/motorway

Avon ZV7 tyres I found very good and reasonable prices too. Until the vehicle had done 180,000 miles it was incredibly reliable but after that I started having problems, steering rack all suspension joints, major oil leak (£600 fix). The gearbox was fantastic but i did have the oil/filter changed every 15000 miles religiously, around £200 with an Indi I was using. Servicing with the same Indi was £120 for the small service and £160 for the larger one which i thought very reasonable.

Performance was brisk allowing easy overtaking when necessary. Headlamps (H7) were just about adequate I always felt they should have been better. All the electrical stuff was bullet proof.

Sat Nav worked but was clunky, no post code entry for instance however it always got me there. I had no rust anywhere, the body panels are protected so shouldn't cause issues.

Overall an enjoyable experience, I would be happy to drive another.

thanks for info guys, much appreciated. The one i was looking at looked so perfect on autotrader, pics looked fantastic, i went on their facebook page and someone had posted pics of what the car actually looked like, horrible condition, so glad i did not waste a 3 hour journey. If anyone is reading this after a c320 stay well clear of Walmersley trade center

Well the hunt continues, after seeing your prices for servicing NDFR it seems its not that bad to keep maintained (as long as i get a good one)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom