• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2010 ML300 stiff PAS

Mercedeschris

Car
2008 C220 CDi 2005 SL350 2007 GL320
Morning.
A friend of mine has an ML300 2010 and the PAS has become very stiff to turn? I haven't looked at it yet but he tells me it's the later PAS system with an electric motor system rather than a traditional mechanical pump? Anyone had any similar experiences?
Many thanks

I’ve also changed a few of the lower “dogbone” that links the column to the rack in the bottom of the engine bay. The universal joint can seize up. Easy job to remove and refit.

Not seen electric Pas like that...... the ones on the Corsa and Mito don't use fluid.

Same one on our little Yaris , needed biceps like Arnie to turn off the drive one day , got better by the end of the road.

Battery (and subsequently alternator) was in poor condition , not enough juice to run the steering motor properly at v low revs , got the wife to read the handbook for me .

A red 'PS' should have lit up on the dash , initially it didn't but later did. A very odd fault that I had never heard of before...or since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom