• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2014 E400 braided brake lines

MrsSpanners

Car
E400 3.0
Hey everyone!

Fellow Merc owner here and petrol head, I have a 2014 E400 3.0 Coupe that I absolutely adore! I've just ordered some new discs and pads for her but I wanted to look at upgrading the brake hoses as there is an advisory on my last MOT. Although I am struggling to find anywhere that does them. I've tried Demon Tweeks, GSF (where I got my brakes), Partsinmotion and a few other places but I'm only finding rubber hoses.

Thanks in advance :)

You could try HEL as well. If you do find some you should also inform your insurers - some insurers specify braided lines as a modification.

You could try HEL as well. If you do find some you should also inform your insurers - some insurers specify braided lines as a modification.
Definitely check with your insurers before spending money, I wanted to add braided hoses to my C270 but my (then) insurer said they would refuse to cover me if I did ...

It's a matter for you but there is a school of thought that braided hoses aren't necessarily an improvement; yes, they might improve pedal feel (less flexing), and yes they might look better but the braiding does not allow you to see the condition on the hose underneath, ie you can't see if it is perishing/cracking.

I'm not against them and have them on one of mine but, as with most things, there are pros & cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom