2017 B class engine warning light issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeandrach

Car
B class
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my car and due to work getting it to a garage is a nightmare, hoping someone may have xoerienced this before

I have a 2017 1.5 diesel B180, it’s on 15k miles, only bought it in June this year from an indeed net dealer but they are over 100 miles away and about as useful as the plague so reluctant to let them deal with it.

it came up with an engine warning light and performance got sluggish. It has been stood for approx 6 weeks, but driven approx 100 miles, then stood for 2 days, before this issue occurred. I took it to an independent garage who diagnosed maf sensor fault. Replaced the maf sensor, got them to redo the diagnostic and all showed ok but the car wouldn’t go above 2000 rpm. Put the old maf sensor back on and go back to original issue

atatxhed image is the diagnosis readout, which is the same with either maf sensor fitted, not sure if this helps or not.
the fuel garage is plummeting, not sure if actual consumption is increasing or not but will top it up tomorrow to find out!

does anyone have any ideas what this could be! Someone has suggested a software update but this sounds too easy, and why would the software go out of date to cause this issue isn’t he first place?

any help really appreciated, thanks. Car is located in york if anyone local can be recommended too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom