2017 E class E220D estate fuel economy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Which part of the explanation are you having trouble understanding?

How can any laboratory-based test take in all off of the different factors such as traffic conditions, driving style, temperature etc, the figures are a guide and not absolute values.

You admit that your journey type has changed and is of shorter overall runs yet still expect to achieve the higher mpg figures?
Sorry if I am giving you the wrong impression of my expectations. I fully understand that laboratory - based test compared to road based actuals it is just that I expected it to be a little closer on the combined figures. Perhaps if and when things get back to normal and I do more of the longer runs that I used to it will improve.
I am still very much impressed with the package as the only gripe I have is that of not having a spare wheel.

Roger

Sorry if I am giving you the wrong impression of my expectations. I fully understand that laboratory - based test compared to road based actuals it is just that I expected it to be a little closer on the combined figures. Perhaps if and when things get back to normal and I do more of the longer runs that I used to it will improve.
I am still very much impressed with the package as the only gripe I have is that of not having a spare wheel.

Roger
Roger

Also, be aware that manufacturers submit cars for the test in the optimal conditions. Generally, they will be as light as possible i.e the lowest trim level, have the slimmest wheels/tyres available on that model and will have been carefully checked and set up by a manufacturers engineering team.

This is what you can get with the OM654 in an E220d estate. A couple of days ago. I can get over 60mpg on a 25 mile run in light traffic, even in this weather.View attachment 105968
I don't think I am going to get an Xmas card from Cretin Thunderbird.... I tried hard I really did, it was all those city mouth breathers that made me do it....

IMG_7527.jpeg

Hi everyone, I've bought a 2017 AMG line E220D estate a couple of weeks ago and after filling it up the other day, I'm a bit disappointed with the fuel economy. I do a 50 mile round trip to work every day on a mix of dual carriageway and a bit of town driving, I've been driving very sedately no more than 70 on dual carriageways and coasting through the towns, I don't encounter any traffic at all and I'm getting about 42mpg. Before I bought the car I read on various websites that I should easily get 50? Just wondered if anyone else has a similar car and what fuel economy they get? The honest John real mpg states around 51mpg.
I had the same car, I averaged around 43mpg overall, however on long runs and if I was trying to get more MPG I could easily get 50+, you have to consider the way you drive I'm afraid, it affects the MPG a whole lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom