2019 Command browser discontinued.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

russdx

Car
2014 E220 CDI 2DR AMG SPORT AUTO
When I try and use the browser it just says it’s discontinued?? Did Mercedes really just turn this feature off??

Car is 2019 C class 220D AMG Premium plus. Using the 1 months free data trail, Mercedes me all setup and working correctly.

Not used to browser or any of the inbuilt apps for ages. Slow to load and not very useful. Only feature I used was the send directions to car but No need to do this now as the M Me app sends destinations to system from your mobile no waiting 5 mins wile the car connects to your phone then the internet.

I only wanted it to load up a custom train departure app I wrote so I can keep an eye on my train when driving to the station :)

wonder why they killed it off, the other apps ie weather etc... must use the same software just locked to there own URL’s

Same on the w205 2015
Browser no longer supported

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only wanted it to load up a custom train departure app I wrote so I can keep an eye on my train when driving to the station :)

wonder why they killed it off, the other apps ie weather etc... must use the same software just locked to there own URL’s
I’m fairly sure the screen would go blank whilst in motion, so you would only be able to see it when you stop. Maybe you could put your phone on a mount, and view it through your phone’s browser?

That’s a good point actually no good if goes blank! It’s a shame as the big 10inch display is perfect for this sort of thing. I wonder if there are any hidden external video feeds?

When I try and use the browser it just says it’s discontinued?? Did Mercedes really just turn this feature off??

Car is 2019 C class 220D AMG Premium plus. Using the 1 months free data trail, Mercedes me all setup and working correctly.

Mine does the same. And i have a ML350 from 2014. last year worked normally. Not using it much but it was there and working.
Don't know what should be the problem

Attachments

• browsing feature.jpg
    browsing feature.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 22
Exact same message I get, maybe it was to much bandwidth for there SIM cards, the weather and other crappy Mercedes apps use the same browser under the hood I am certain so it’s definitely been disabled through choice not hardware problems.

Yes, i forgot to mention ,the apps works, the internet connection is ok. Only the browser has been shutoff.
But why and how do they did that?

I think to save bandwidth as it’s expensive for them, strange why they don’t just offer it as a paid option like the other 50 paid options they now have lol. Prob just turned it off remotely via the sim or maybe when you had it serviced? Mine just came disabled :( would of been better to just not have the browser in the menu at all tbh. As it just taunts me now with a feature you could of once had but not now!!! Lol

My Browser discontinued. Disappointing from Mercedes Benz that they can just take away a feature of the car that was sold to me with the car. No correspondence to me from Mercedes Benz was received on this issue. The least they could of done is try and fix it for the hundreds of thousands of cars that they installed this feature into. I know it was crap but it sort of worked and is a feature of my vehicle that is now being denied to me.
I now have a part of my command system that is dead. Love your work Mercedes Benz

Not used to browser or any of the inbuilt apps for ages. Slow to load and not very useful. Only feature I used was the send directions to car but No need to do this now as the M Me app sends destinations to system from your mobile no waiting 5 mins wile the car connects to your phone then the internet.

I use the Internet Radio, which is great. I sometimes use the Weather app, but admittedly it's a gimmick. Nothing else useful there....

IIRC MBUK chose to specify 3G for the onboard SIM rather than 4G. The internet functionality on ours has always been at best very clunky. Pretty p!ss poor implementation and something of a let down with respect to the rest of the car.

IIRC MBUK chose to specify 3G for the onboard SIM rather than 4G. The internet functionality on ours has always been at best very clunky. Pretty p!ss poor implementation and something of a let down with respect to the rest of the car.

I drove a brand new W205 facelift in the Netherlands last year, and it had COMAND and 4g.

No, local (Dutch) rental. MY 2019 with 700km on the clock.
Again IIRC, cars built for the UK had 3G SIM, but elsewhere in Europe had 4G. They may all be 4G now. Ours is a 2016 car, with COMAND and 3G.

Don't you know what time it leaves ? ;)

It happend to me as well, very disappointed. Brand new car, paid £1500 extra, and then they've pulled the plug after a year!!!
Shame on you Mercedes!!!
I will see you in court!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom