• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

2019 W205 Radiator Fan runs at high speed after a journey as soon as the ignition is turned off

Dear HITECH
This is the best explanation of the over running fan that I have seen on here.

My car was registered in late December 2022. I assume it had this latest software installed. I bought it in June 2023. An ex dealer demo car 160 miles so had done only short demo drives. Most of my drives are now less that 30 miles which is when I noticed the problem.
After longer drives there is no problem at all and car shuts down quietly.
Mine is 2019 so maybe not recived the software updates. i do very few miles as well but do take it for a 20 mile run on motorways, but norbeacuse of PPF or cooling fan run as i have not yet experience it, fingers crossed. Are the updates, stored in the workshop menu ?
SW PI 17/ 50 xxxxx e.t.c

Mine is 2019 so maybe not recived the software updates. i do very few miles as well but do take it for a 20 mile run on motorways, but norbeacuse of PPF or cooling fan run as i have not yet experience it, fingers crossed. Are the updates, stored in the workshop menu ?
SW PI 17/ 50 xxxxx e.t.chabing to
SW PI 17/ 50 xxxxx e.t.c
The obvious amswer to all of this is its a major clusterf&*& which manufactiers and the goverment vouldnt care less about. Advice of take your car for a thrash jjust for the sake of heating your engine up and the exhaust system in order to put a dash light out or stop radiator coming on so much. Its a disgrace. Really? No the answer isnt buy a smaller emgine car just because there are major problems and the professional answer isnt waste your money out on pointless runs because the car isnt functioning way it shoulld (regardless of short or long journeys). I can see this emmisions scam and restrictions to cars below euro 6 spec being pulled as the bottom line is net zero is an impossibility. I have been looking for the last 10yrs at the avsilability of government grants etc towards getting an electrical car and every year its getting worse. No funding towards electric cars and no sign anytime soon that they are ever going to be affordable to buy ir even practical to use. Ok rant over 🤣 Im sure its opened a can of worms now 🙈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom