275k 2013 c220 CDI, limp mode code P0252 output for quantity control valve has a malfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scottmars

Car
275k miles! 2013 C220 CDI AMG sport plus
Hi all, new to the forum.

I have an old taxi which under load the engine management light comes on. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the quantity control valve code it is giving me. I am hoping to change just the valve. Not the pump. Is there anything else I should be checking before I do the valve?

I will be doing the work myself.
Also will be doing the timing chaing and tensioner as it is a little rattly on start up.
Then maybe find the reason coolant leak I think it has. Hopefully it's one of the common places I've read on. Above air inlet or water pump.

Lots of problems but the main one that is annoying is limp mode!

Thanks

Sorry can’t help with much, just to mention, I had a small coolant loss, turned out it was the top radiator hose. Not sure about yours but mine is held in place with spring clips and sealed with o rings, all I did was reseat the rings.
Good luck.

Hello again! So I replaced the QCV, it was particularly difficult but I managed lol. it hasn't sorted the problem 😓😓 so I think I need to pull some live data from it. I believe I need to pay 130 for the software and get a cable I guess?

I think it might be the water pump that is leaking.
Finding it very difficult to find anyone else with the same problem

Hold on. WHAT is the code you are getting? What are symptoms? If you read the codes by some universal reader, result can be distracting. Thus, do NOT buy any that kinda stuff.... you wont get sufficient device by 100... instead find a local indy with SDS and be sure they know MBs...

SDS can perform individual component tests, and also pinpoint your engine light. If you are heavy DIY enthusiast: *here I say a thing which moderator wont allow*, by around 500-700 quids.

If water pump leaks, you should see it at a drain hole.

Hold on. WHAT is the code you are getting? What are symptoms? If you read the codes by some universal reader, result can be distracting. Thus, do NOT buy any that kinda stuff.... you wont get sufficient device by 100... instead find a local indy with SDS and be sure they know MBs...

SDS can perform individual component tests, and also pinpoint your engine light. If you are heavy DIY enthusiast: *here I say a thing which moderator wont allow*, by around 500-700 quids.

If water pump leaks, you should see it at a drain hole.

Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah I think I am going to have to find a decent indy to scan it. It was scanned with a snap on scanner. Not sure what one.
The code is P0252 and says the output for the quantity control valve has a malfunction.

When I spoke to a Mercedes technician at a dealer he said that code was a high or low pressure value being out of parameters. He said to do fuel filter as it was nearly due to be done anhway and then they do a new fuel pump, they don't replace just the quantity control valve. As it was cheapest for me to try the 70quid fix I went for that in hope.

The symptom is under medium or heavy load it will go into limp mode, drive very gently and it doesn't do it but first hill it will come on. Drives fine sometimes but not for long. There's no noticeable symptoms other that it's in limp mode. Weirdly the other day it did a whole drive and didn't come on which makes it more annoying.

I have noticed dried coolant around the front area of the engine but no obvious place it's coming from. It kind of looks as if the belt is throwing it around.

...I have noticed dried coolant around the front area of the engine but no obvious place it's coming from. It kind of looks as if the belt is throwing it around.

That could be a leaking coolant pump. Do you need to top up the coolant from time to time?

Also, it could be a leftover from an old leak or some previous repair work.

That could be a leaking coolant pump. Do you need to top up the coolant from time to time?

Also, it could be a leftover from an old leak or some previous repair work.
Yes I have to top up once a week now. I am going to look at it tomorrow I think. I've got a pump incase it is that. If it's not I'll take it back 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom