• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

300-24 High rev cutting out

beerspace

Car
1994 280te
Hello. I hope someone can help with this as it's beginning to drive me crazy. My car is a 1990 300te-24. It has a repetitive cutting out like a crazy misfire on change up or change down at high revs. So if I boot it through the gears it pulls fine until it changes gear then there is a repetitive misfire unless I ease off the throttle then it will pull fine again until it changes up again. It also does the same if on high speed kick down. Does anybody have any ideas please?

Hello. I hope someone can help with this as it's beginning to drive me crazy. My car is a 1990 300te-24. It has a repetitive cutting out like a crazy misfire on change up or change down at high revs. So if I boot it through the gears it pulls fine until it changes gear then there is a repetitive misfire unless I ease off the throttle then it will pull fine again until it changes up again. It also does the same if on high speed kick down. Does anybody have any ideas please?
Sorry I can't help. I'm sure somebody more helpful will be along soon.

However, pics of the car would be good please - I used to have one and it was a bit of a beast. Especially when my ex drove it and burned the yoofs in their hot hatchbacks. Wooosh!!!!

When was the last time you changed your coil? This kind of failure is typical of an old coil, particularly when the engine warms up.
Your distributor insulator that lives below the rotor in the distributor could also have cracks which is causing sparks to jump. I think the part # is 230-500-240. Be careful of sub standard ignition components. .

Sorry I can't help. I'm sure somebody more helpful will be along soon.

However, pics of the car would be good please - I used to have one and it was a bit of a beast. Especially when my ex drove it and burned the yoofs in their hot hatchbacks. Wooosh!!!!
It is a bit of a beast!

Attachments

• IMG_5916.jpeg
    IMG_5916.jpeg
    751.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5914.jpeg
    IMG_5914.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_5915.jpeg
    IMG_5915.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 5
It is a bit of a beast!

Nice.

And do make sure that everything from coil to spark plugs is 100% top quality. Mine is better than ever after all those parts, incluging the HT leads, were replaced with genuine MB. Costly? Yes, much more so than Bosch, Beru, NGK. But we both chose a 300-24 so we must slap down the plastic.

And also make sure that the ignition controller has a nice new, thin, layer of heasink compound between it and the bulkhead. To dissipate heat.

Good luck.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom