• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

48V Battery Malfunction Dec 2023 Mercedes GLE Premium Mild Hybrid

ved

Car
Mercedes GLE Premium
Hi everyone,
On 14th of September 2024, while travelling on the M25 motorway, the car suddenly shut down without warning, displaying an error message on the dashboard indicating a “48V Battery Malfunction.” The sudden loss of power in the middle of a busy motorway put my safety and the safety of other drivers at significant risk. Fortunately, I was able to pull over to the emergency lane, though it was an extremely stressful and dangerous situation which has repeated four times on the same day.

Initially, I attempted to contact Mercedes Assistance, but despite repeated attempts through me button in the car, I was unable to get through or receive any support, which compounded the urgency and stress of the situation. After waiting for some time, I managed to restart the vehicle, but it lost power again shortly thereafter, forcing me to pull over once more.

Eventually, after waiting for around 15 minutes, I was able to restart the car and drive home safely. However, given the nature of the malfunction and the frequency with which the car lost power, I am deeply concerned about the reliability and safety of this vehicle moving forward. I have contacted the support via email with assuming that they would get in touch with me to offer a solution but I haven't heard from them yet. The only reason I chose the Mercedes over the Range Rover was that I believed it would be more reliable. Clearly, I was mistaken. Did anyone experience this 48V Battery Malfunction and what was the solution offered by Mercedes and would this sort of issue be covered under the warranty?

Hi everyone,
On 14th of September 2024, while travelling on the M25 motorway, the car suddenly shut down without warning, displaying an error message on the dashboard indicating a “48V Battery Malfunction.” The sudden loss of power in the middle of a busy motorway put my safety and the safety of other drivers at significant risk. Fortunately, I was able to pull over to the emergency lane, though it was an extremely stressful and dangerous situation which has repeated four times on the same day.

Initially, I attempted to contact Mercedes Assistance, but despite repeated attempts through me button in the car, I was unable to get through or receive any support, which compounded the urgency and stress of the situation. After waiting for some time, I managed to restart the vehicle, but it lost power again shortly thereafter, forcing me to pull over once more.

Eventually, after waiting for around 15 minutes, I was able to restart the car and drive home safely. However, given the nature of the malfunction and the frequency with which the car lost power, I am deeply concerned about the reliability and safety of this vehicle moving forward. I have contacted the support via email with assuming that they would get in touch with me to offer a solution but I haven't heard from them yet. The only reason I chose the Mercedes over the Range Rover was that I believed it would be more reliable. Clearly, I was mistaken. Did anyone experience this 48V Battery Malfunction and what was the solution offered by Mercedes and would this sort of issue be covered under the warranty?
Sorry to hear of your ptoblems.

If you need or expect a quick response then you’d be better off giving Mercedes Customer Services a call rather than dropping them an email.

Better still, give your local dealer a call and get it booked in for diagnostics, or ask that it be recovered from home or wherever it’s parked.

You should find the telephone number for breakdown and customer services in the door shut on the driver’s side.

In the meantime, here it is for your convenience: 00 800 17777777

PS If registered in December 2023 then it will be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty unless caused by accidental damage.

Welcome.

My advice is to go ahead and book the car in with the dealer, rather than to wait for Mercedes Benz customer services to respond by email.

Then, if the car breaks down again, instead of trying the SOS button just call Mercedes Benz Mobilo roadside assistance on 00800 1777 7777. It is operated in partnership with RAC and they will be able to provide a quick diagnosis at the roadside.

Reactions: ved

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom