4matic only on C43 for 2020 C class.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
New 2020 C class brochure only lists the C 43 as being available with 4matic .My C250d came with 4matic as it was pre - reg (50 miles) and I'm pretty certain that if I'd actually specced the car I would have opted for it as a circa £1500 option.
I've had the car for 18 months and 10000 miles and as yet not "noticed" any benefits to the system , although come winter that might change. Audi have offered their Quattro system on the A4 for over 20 years but MB have given up after only 2 years .
Edited - just checked the MB Germany website and seems to be available with C200 & C220 so it must be the low take up of 4matics in the UK.

Last edited:
New 2020 C class brochure only lists the C 43 as being available with 4matic .My C250d came with 4matic as it was pre - reg (50 miles) and I'm pretty certain that if I'd actually specced the car I would have opted for it as a circa £1500 option.
I've had the car for 18 months and 10000 miles and as yet not "noticed" any benefits to the system , although come winter that might change. Audi have offered their Quattro system on the A4 for over 20 years but MB have given up after only 2 years .
Edited - just checked the MB Germany website and seems to be available with C200 & C220 so it must be the low take up of 4matics in the UK.
Just sold my C250d AMG Premium plus 4matic estate night edition...... I will rare car, but even rarer now.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

You say you have not noticed any Benefits to having 4Matic, how do you rate your Tyre Wear?

I have 4 Matic and have at least 6mm of Tread left after 15000+Miles :D, whereas my previous non 4 Matic C Class did away with the Rear Tyres in around 7,000 Miles and the Front at 15,000 Miles! :(

Actually for 2020 you can also get the C300d Estate with 4matic, but not the C300d Saloon. Very strange.

Also they have dropped the C300 Sport models, so if you want that extra little bit of get-up-go, you have to order AMG trim, very annoying for me because I’ve had a C300 Sport Premium Estate on order since mid August and now there are only just over two more weeks of production planned....unfortunately Mercedes Guildford don’t seem able to give me a build date or tell me whether my order will ever be fulfilled or just cancelled. I really don’t like the new AMG trim with its 19” wheels in black, and all-black headlining, and a price tag around £2500 more than the current Sport version.

The Airmatic is now no longer available on any C class.
The Driving Assistance Package remains as an option thankfully.

Also they have dropped the C300 Sport models, so if you want that extra little bit of get-up-go, you have to order AMG trim.
Does AMG trim really give it that extra ‘get up and go’? I thought AMG trim was fancy spoilers, interiors and big Barry alloys. :rolleyes:

Does AMG trim really give it that extra ‘get up and go’? I thought AMG trim was fancy spoilers, interiors and big Barry alloys. :rolleyes:

The extra ‘get up and go’ was comparing the C300/C300d models to the C200/220d models (neither of which are in any way sluggish).
My point is that if you want the C300/300d models, whether petrol or diesel, you have to pay the extra for AMG trim which is largely cosmetic and in my view not worth the extra cost.

The extra ‘get up and go’ was comparing the C300/C300d models to the C200/220d models (neither of which are in any way sluggish).
My point is that if you want the C300/300d models, whether petrol or diesel, you have to pay the extra for AMG trim which is largely cosmetic and in my view not worth the extra cost.
Ok, my bad. I thought the phrase ‘get up and go’ was always refferred to a bit more oomph or speed.

You say you have not noticed any Benefits to having 4Matic, how do you rate your Tyre Wear?

I was going to post a new thread about tyre wear but, as you've asked , here are my findings.
Car had 19" AMG multispokes when new , running on Continental runflats.
I bought a set of 18" AMG 5 double spoke alloys , with tyres ,back in Sept 2018 with a view to swopping the existing tyres for winters when they had worn out and the 18" are a dawdle to clean over the winter.
I've think that the front and rears have covered about 6000 miles from new and been set with about 3psi less than recommended by MB.
Over a week ago decided that it was time to put the 18" back on for the winter and get two new Michelin crossclimate for the fronts. Removed the two rear wheels and put the 18" on only to be told that the Michelins were on backorder. Currently running 2 x 19" and 2 x 18".
On checking the tread depth on the 19" rears I was surprised to find that they still have 7mm left all over the width . The fronts however have 6mm on the outer edge and nearly illegal in the middle so next spring I'll have to change them.
I've posted about the front wear in "Tyres & Suspension" and the only explanation offered is overinflation , which they most certainly are not.
My explanation could be - My car is parked in the garage every night and when I reverse out I have to use full lock to get into position to get off the drive. My drive has clay pavers which have a very fine rough surface so I reckon that this is what's causing such abnormal wear on the fronts.
I had a Passat CC a few years ago , Continentals again, which wore through 3 sets of fronts in 25000 miles.
Any views on whether it's actually my paver drive that's responsible welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom