• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

639 3.0 v6 oil leak

GreenMachine

Car
447/639
Hi I have a big oil leak on my 639. I have not looked into it alot as it is off the road and using other vehicle I think it maybe the oil seals as this seems to fit the description It does not leak when running only when turned off.

Also throwing a abs code for a wheel speed sensor which I have replaced twice and the code is still coming up and throws the code above 15mph could this be the wheel bearing pickup?

May sell the van if any interest its a black 10 plate 204hp (brabus)

120,000 miles has various issues but engine runs great bar the leak. Needs gearbox mount and a couple wheel bearings maybe couple of scrapes etc for age. I have the brabus wheels although not o the van aircon not working either.

Yes, as above, but what is the code, it will be more then "wheel speed sensor".

Yes, as above, but what is the code, it will be more then "wheel speed sensor".
I will get it for you working like mad atm bear with me thank you for reply. What fo you think about oil leak its so big that leads me to believe its the oil seals. But is there something else with these that could cause it.? Does not leak while running just when shut off. Coming down back of engine by gearbox. I will get it on the stands and investigate further. If it is the seals is this I can attempt myself. I am pretty good with vehicles swapping engines etc servicing all my vehicles myself. Or is it worth getting a garage to do it.

Prettly likely to be oil cooler seals. Change cooler AND seals, not worth doing job twice if not. All intake gaskets etc need to be changed, new bolts for turbo etc.

If you are capable of swapping an engine etc, you can do this, just be methodical, don't get bolts lengths etc mixed up.

Prettly likely to be oil cooler seals. Change cooler AND seals, not worth doing job twice if not. All intake gaskets etc need to be changed, new bolts for turbo etc.

If you are capable of swapping an engine etc, you can do this, just be methodical, don't get bolts lengths etc mixed up.
Thank you I thought the same I will get all new stuff like you mentioned. Is it possible doing the job engine in?

Thank you I thought the same I will get all new stuff like you mentioned. Is it possible doing the job engine in?
I am looking to keep it for Mrs as it is a lovley van lots of power and comfortable and having standby van incase my new one breaks again. (447) or sell it either way I think I should get it done as vehicle will be way more valuable afterwards. I just need to set up some kind of booth on the drive where I can work on it.

Take pictures and videos along the way. I will get the codes and let you know what comes up it's like a Christmas tree at the moment.

Probably should do all the glow plugs at same time.

Wonder what it will be worth not many of them on road 639 120cdi sportX brabus 204

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom