A friend of mine wants to buy this A45, advice/opinions please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
Hi folks, a good friend of mine has sent me this and asked for any insight. Personally it is not my cuppa but can appreciate it for what it is. Obviously it is a premium for the mileage/condition etc, but never having owned one, I would appreciate any info, good/bad/indifferent from the panel on the specific car.

He has spoken to the vendor, seems a straight car, vendor has some very nice stock too, so he is seriously interested but is doing his due diligence prior to placing his deposit.

Hi folks, a good friend of mine has sent me this and asked for any insight. Personally it is not my cuppa but can appreciate it for what it is. Obviously it is a premium for the mileage/condition etc, but never having owned one, I would appreciate any info, good/bad/indifferent from the panel on the specific car.

He has spoken to the vendor, seems a straight car, vendor has some very nice stock too, so he is seriously interested but is doing his due diligence prior to placing his deposit.

I know it’s low mileage but the price seems more than a little punchy - you’d have to really really reeeaaallly want a first generation A 45 to pay that much. I guess the old saying applies “Find me another…”

New price £41K, plus the various extras, and now it's five years old, it's £37.5K? I wouldn't, but I'm sure you won't find another like it.

I'd be looking to see what other A45s there were at the same sort of asking price, but I'm not much impressed by very low mileage; AMGs are designed and made to be driven...

Reactions: Abb
I’d definitely agree with both ^^^^^^^ Looks nice, but for the difference in price I’d definitely want the facelift model. Low mileage obviously is a winner, but the latest model particularly dash wise is superior.

Reactions: Abb
It's daft money for a 5 yr old A class; that's going to be one big depreciator over the next 2/3 yrs once it gets used a bit.
It will be lower cost of ownership to buy a new one.

Rather than a simple “no,” it’s E55BOF’s point to look at equivalent’s.

Quick glance suggests that this one’s “maybe” £5k more fhan most low mileage 2017 cars.

Is it worth that extra £5k to him for that lower mileage and spec?

Pick out a comparable car and see what the difference is. Or take that price and see what else he could get for that money.

In the end it’s always about choices: “this versus this….”

Thank you gents for all your input, much appreciated. Just for clarification, he is aware of what this sort of money buys him in respect to difference marques/models etc, as well as the pros & cons with low mileage cars.

I have relayed the panels thoughts to give him food for thought, as like most views on here, I wouldn't purchase it but it is not my money. I do however see the attraction of the spec coupled with the low miles and ownership history, as an overall package regardless of age, but the price tags for me would make it a non starter.

New price £41K, plus the various extras, and now it's five years old, it's £37.5K?
FWIW, a couple of days ago I checked up on what cars of the same age and spec as my “cooking” W177 A-Class are retailing at. Simple answer: within £1.5k of what I paid for it at a month old, nearly 4 years ago.

The used market is seriously bonkers at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom