• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

A great day for a jaunt.

Do you do Wingly ?
Asking for a friend who is crazy enough to fly in one of those 'things' :)

Do you do Wingly ?
Asking for a friend who is crazy enough to fly in one of those 'things' :)
You cannot take anyone for commercial gain without a
commercial licence 👍

You can only share costs.

You seem to have a poor opinion of those "things" 😂

You cannot take anyone for commercial gain without a
commercial licence 👍

You can only share costs.

You seem to have a poor opinion of those "things" 😂
Sorry if I am misunderstood - I have a great respect for the opportunities that Wingly could give to us non-fliers - Many years ago I had the pleasure of being taken up in a light aircraft from a small aiorfield in Cornwall. It was amazing, and something I would like to do from Shoreham sometime next month.

Sorry if I am misunderstood - I have a great respect for the opportunities that Wingly could give to us non-fliers - Many years ago I had the pleasure of being taken up in a light aircraft from a small aiorfield in Cornwall. It was amazing, and something I would like to do from Shoreham sometime next month.
No apology needed!
My reply could have been better phrased.

All flying schools offer trial or pleasure flights so it's worth searching in your area and having a chat with them.

There is perception that General Aviation is somehow very much less safe than Commercial and the to be fair whilst there are a number of accidents each year they are still very rare and, statistically, you are more likely to be involved in an accident whilst driving.

Also, the regulations on aircraft inspections and maintenance are very rigorous, 50 hour oil changes, very detailed annual inspections with other interval checks, timed life before overhaul for engines and other systems and in depth medical checks to obtain and retain a licence.

Still, it's better than playing golf ⛳😂👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom