A Little Advice Please??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Knowlesi

Car
BMW 335d
Evening all,

I've got a really itchy scratch that is a W218 CLS63 Shooting Brake. Been looking for a while and whilst I appreciate they're pretty thin on the ground was hoping I could get some advice from you good folk on the important things to look for and look out for when buying.
I apologise if I'm digging up old ground and this has been done to death already, but I have genuinely searched this forum and others, plus googled and not really found anything that meets what I'm looking for.

So - I've never owned a Merc in my life, let alone an AMG version so have no prior knowledge of what to look out for. I've always wanted a BMW M3, and so know the in's and out's of them but having owned a 335d they have lost their appeal and I'm ready for a change of manufacturer!!!

What I'm ideally looking for is some sort of guide to buying the SB (or a previous owners experience) but also what I should know in terms of service requirements, issues that are problematic with this car (if any) and must have's in terms of spec for future resale attraction.

Appreciate you reading this and if you can help.

Cheers

Dan

Good choice Dan. The CLS63 has a brilliant engine, servicing cost not too bad and a great design.
They are pretty thin on the ground second hand in shooting brake guise so be prepared to be flexible on the options you want.
I would want the 360 camera , panoramic roof and heated dynamic seats and be grateful for any other options fitted. They are very well optioned from standard anyway.

Servicing is 12 monthly or every 10k miles(I think?) and you can purchase a service plan which keeps the costs more manageable. The A service is the minor one, the B service major with other jobs required at different intervals (plugs/ATF/Brake fluid etc. If you get a service plan over more than a year try to make your first service the B one.

If you like modding, a simple remap will give you circa 700bhp and around 1000nM of torque. Brakes are an expensive item whether you have two piece floating discs or the even more expensive ceramic discs on the front. Check the condition before buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom