A little eye-bleeding Skoda content

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doodle

MB Enthusiast
Car
R129, KTM 1290SAR, Superb 272 wagon
Those of a nervous disposition should probably wear sunglasses...or maybe a welding mask.

As I mentioned in my "Man seeks E63 thread", things went in an unexpected direction when this fell in my lap - a Skoda Superb Sportline Plus 272 wagon.

AJZmTdvh.jpg

ASQLiYbh.jpg

xY1QQp4h.jpg

WbSdsXTh.jpg

Needs a bit of a clean as since I collected it, it's either been raining pretty much non-stop or we've been driving.

Like it! :cool::)👍

That is actually quite a nice looking car buddy :) .
Be sorry to see you have to leave the forum though ;)
No chance of that, after nearly 2 decades I'm basically furniture.

There's a vague development plan on this one, aided by the fact that the MQB platform is one enormous parts bin to be raided. The ride is very comfortable but lacks control; the shocks are a bit underdamped (common trait) so I'm looking at a set of Bilstein B6s in the imminent future.

Some electronic fiddling, a better intercooler and a bit of intake work should get the power closer to 400. Brakes will get pinched from a TTRS or RS3 if required, although the standard offering is pretty solid - a hefty sliding caliper and 340mm discs up front.

What I'd really like to do is drop the 2.5 5pot into it, but that's probably a little excessive!

Last edited:
Nice looking car and a welcome change to the usual boring colours you see around the motorways… enjoy!

Wow! Should be a doddle to find in the car park :cool:
Just be aware of malicious wood piles, they have a particular passion for a nice Skoda Superb....as I found out:eek:

No chance of that, after nearly 2 decades I'm basically furniture.

There's a vague development plan on this one, aided by the fact that the MQB platform is one enormous parts bin to be raided. The ride is very comfortable but lacks control; the shocks are a bit underdamped (common trait) so I'm looking at a set of Bilstein B6s in the imminent future.

Some electronic fiddling, a better intercooler and a bit of intake work should get the power closer to 400. Brakes will get pinched from a TTRS or RS3 if required, although the standard offering is pretty solid - a hefty sliding caliper and 340mm discs up front.

What I'd really like to do is drop the 2.5 5pot into it, but that's probably a little excessive!
LOL, so " just a few tweaks" in the offing then ! :oops:

1691482746719.gif
You know how generic the style of modern cars has become... -Well, how about "debadging" the Skoda, and replacing them with your forum's three pointed star.? Done well, that could have quite a few people very confused imho 1691483482460.gif

As an added bonus, previous threads on here suggest that doing so may "excite" our AMG purist types ?

Quite a colour....I don't dislike it but not sure Id be brave enough to own it....also strangely my missus has an superstitious issue with anything green inherited from her mother!!!....reminds me a bit of one of those French Golden Delicious apples!!

And why not ?

So much quicker to find in the Supermarket car park.

And the Superb is, actually, superb...

Presumably it's a wrap?

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 12.14.24.png

Reactions: JHS
Yep, original. And not many up for sale. Is there some kind of story as to how / why Skoda brought it out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom